Going to be a long night in Fayetteville and Raleigh

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I agree with Firedog, and there are things on both sides of this issue that need work. I do think LEO's should be held to a slightly higher standard on some things, but we must make sure everyone is aware that behind that badge is a human being with human fears, emotions and a family he/she wants to go home to. EVERYONE needs to do their best to not force them to make a choice between themselves going home to their family, or you going home to yours.
On the other side, there needs to be a lot of work done on how to appropriately respond when approached by a LEO.
My Dad told me how to respond to LEO, yes sir or no sir. Ask before moving, if my wallet is in my back pocket, tell LEO and ask to reach for it. Ask if you can remove seatbelt. If wallet/insurance is in a console, tell LEO & ask if you can reach inside the console. Cop doesn’t know what you’re reaching for.

He also told me don’t worry about the principal, sheriff deputies, or city cops, cause if I get in trouble with either of them I have to come home to him and there will be hell to pay. He also said it might be in my best interest to ask the cops to keep me for 3-4 days!!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

tenor.gif

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Show me the numbers.. I'll wait.

Unarmed people killed by police in the US in the last 5 years? How many were black? White? Hispanic? were the cops Black? White? Hispanic?

Please site your sources so we can verify.. if I am wrong show me and i will admit it. You are right the numbers would not lie, if we had them.. I submit that we don't.
Well ask and you shall receive!!

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well ask and you shall receive!!

Seriously you think those are all the relative numbers statistically? Really? Where is the data on the race of the shooter vs the shot. How about armed vs unarmed, how about whether they were at an active crime scene or not.. If you use stats of that level as the basis on which to draw conclusions, you likely think that Eli Manning is a HOF QB..

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Expect more violence as Al Sharpton just incited it by making remarks against Trump and politicizing it all even to the point of why Obama was asked for a birth certificate

Sharpton is no Reverend... he is a racist thug and borderline domestic terrorist leader

Not to mention they honored Floyd as if he was a hero... he was a criminal and on drugs

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
[QUOTE="Firedog, post: 858115, member: 52" If you use stats of that level as the basis on which to draw conclusions, you likely think that Eli Manning is a HOF QB..[/QUOTE]

Eli probably will make the HOF..[emoji14]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

richard corn

Ten Pointer
[QUOTE="Firedog, post: 858115, member: 52" If you use stats of that level as the basis on which to draw conclusions, you likely think that Eli Manning is a HOF QB..

[/QUOTE]

Won 2 Super Bowls and MVP in each..not bad creds

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Racism will continue to exist until we eliminate ethnicity. There should be no choice for race on a census. Every person on earth is a human. Every legal citizen in the US is an American.

The only forms that should have a box for race are medical forms.

The charge by protestors is systemic racism. I would define the "system" as state, federal, and local government, it's agencies, and those organizations or institutions funded by the government, and "systemic" as originating from, or widespread throughout the "system".

We do have a systemic racism problem. It's not hidden. It's bold and in your face. It's pushed at the highest levels of government and education. It's even championed in private business. I have seen one race singled out time and again as not wanted, not qualified or not eligible. I have seen one race told, "We don't want any more of your race at our university." "Your race isn't eligible for this scholarship." "We don't need any more of your race at our agency" "If you weren't that race, we could hire you." "All other races but yours will get preferred consideration for this government contract." "Your race doesn't get an advocacy group." "We need to reduce the percentage of your race at the highest levels of business and government." I have never seen that stated, implied, or even hinted at by "the system" for ANY minority race.

I've heard mothers crying about what it's like to have black sons growing up in America. As a father of 3 white boys, I ponder the plight of growing up in a society where they are discriminated against at EVERY level not only for their race but also for their gender. I experienced discrimination based on race and sex. I can only imagine it will be worse for them. But somehow I should apologize for the privilege of being discriminated against?

Nope....still not there.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
[QUOTE="Firedog, post: 858115, member: 52" If you use stats of that level as the basis on which to draw conclusions, you likely think that Eli Manning is a HOF QB..

[/QUOTE]

:whistle: Kinda what I was thinking.... LOL...

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Hope its not rough night in vegas,,,leaving chitcago,4 beer 1 hour layover,,no beer service on plane,,, partying hard til Sunday morning....viva las vagas

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Racism will continue to exist until we eliminate ethnicity. There should be no choice for race on a census. Every person on earth is a human. Every legal citizen in the US is an American.

I've said this for years no need to differentiate between Caucasians, Mexicans, Native Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, Chinese etc etc....if you live here you are an American period do away with all the labels.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And stop with the dual language use. Whomever thought pandering to the Spanish speaking immigrants (legal or illegal) should have been tarred and feathered. Why are they discriminating against all other nationalities that immigrate to the US? If you are going to accommodate the Spanish speaking, why not all of the other non English speaking immigrants?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I've said this for years no need to differentiate between Caucasians, Mexicans, Native Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, Chinese etc etc....if you live here you are an American period do away with all the labels.
That just shows where the racism comes from.

Look at all the groups you listed. What groups run around with signs like BLM?
What groups are running around busting windows and burning stuff owned by all people.

If anyone went out to these so called protests with a sign whites matter, Christian matter, Indians matter, Japs Matter...... they would kill you because if you are not like them and dont believe the way they do, they dont like you.

Even if you are just like them live where they live, they will still kill you.

It is either all lives matter or nothing.
If they don't think the same they are racist, they are the problem.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
And stop with the dual language use. Whomever thought pandering to the Spanish speaking immigrants (legal or illegal) should have been tarred and feathered. Why are they discriminating against all other nationalities that immigrate to the US? If you are going to accommodate the Spanish speaking, why not all of the other non English speaking immigrants?
I disagree with forgetting ethnicity. It’s a beautiful thing when it’s not used to be divisive. God made all colors.

Problem is diversity is often mistaken for racism and prejudice.

Blacks can’t stand Hispanics typically.. and so the merry go round of racism goes full circle. Yet I was told by a black woman who is all about the white privileged and poor ol black man scenario... that Blacks and Hispanics don’t have a race war but rather it’s over position in society... fighting for the top bunk in the same jail cell.

There are so many “isms” these days it’s sickening! It’s all sin.

The solution is the foot of the Cross and we are all equal. Even if you are if a different religious persuasion... so be it ... there should still be respect.

Problem comes whether in race or religion that one side imposes his side on others... and ridicules and mislabeled anyone who disagrees.

I say this to be a smart butt BUT the truth is that in today’s society it may gain traction....

Since transgender exists I’m starting transracial movement.. I’m a black man stuck in a white mans body and I know my rights!!

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
The only forms that should have a box for race are medical forms.

The charge by protestors is systemic racism. I would define the "system" as state, federal, and local government, it's agencies, and those organizations or institutions funded by the government, and "systemic" as originating from, or widespread throughout the "system".

We do have a systemic racism problem. It's not hidden. It's bold and in your face. It's pushed at the highest levels of government and education. It's even championed in private business. I have seen one race singled out time and again as not wanted, not qualified or not eligible. I have seen one race told, "We don't want any more of your race at our university." "Your race isn't eligible for this scholarship." "We don't need any more of your race at our agency" "If you weren't that race, we could hire you." "All other races but yours will get preferred consideration for this government contract." "Your race doesn't get an advocacy group." "We need to reduce the percentage of your race at the highest levels of business and government." I have never seen that stated, implied, or even hinted at by "the system" for ANY minority race.

I've heard mothers crying about what it's like to have black sons growing up in America. As a father of 3 white boys, I ponder the plight of growing up in a society where they are discriminated against at EVERY level not only for their race but also for their gender. I experienced discrimination based on race and sex. I can only imagine it will be worse for them. But somehow I should apologize for the privilege of being discriminated against?

View attachment 45666

Nope....still not there.

Absolute best post I have read. There are not enough likes.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
not my words but my largely my thoughts

This much is clear from the statistics: The cops are no more or less racist than anyone else, but a significant percentage of them are lawless, felonious brutes. They hide behind clearly-unconstitutional "protections" that are rank violations of the 14th Amendment and thus void, no matter who says otherwise. They routinely steal (e.g. "civil forfeiture"), cheat (e.g. planting guns and drugs on people, the former of which was proved after Katrina among others) and kill (e.g. Minneapolis -- now twice!) and yet the simplest and fully-effective means of stopping it, ending said unconstitutional "exceptions", is NEVER brought to the forefront and enacted into both policy and law.
Note that President RUMP has said exactly ZERO about ending said flatly-unconstitutional practices -- which he could do by demanding that the DOJ start indicting people nationally who are in those positions by the boxcar-load, hauling every last one of those bastards off to be tried and imprisoned under 18 USC 242, an existing felony statute which is fully available to be used until Congress can take the ten minutes it would require to put a permanent end to so-called "qualified immunity."

All of these abuses would end in one day were that horsecrap to be stopped.
  • Every round fired from a police officer's weapon would be owned by him or her along with the consequences until it came to rest exactly as is the case for you or I. If I shoot at someone invading my home (lawful self-defense) and accidentally shoot the kid across the street I'm responsible for that round civilly and potentially criminally. The cops are never responsible in that same circumstance. That ends all of the insane "shoot first and don't give a crap who gets hit" nonsense we see all too often.

• Every weapon or device used by an officer that injures an innocent person is their responsibility. If I am trying to escape an assault or catch an assailant and run over a little old lady that had nothing to do with the crime in the process, I'm responsible. The cops are not. It matters not if the weapon is a baton, a fist, a car, a gun, a tear-gas canister or a knee to the back of the neck.

• If you seize someone's property and are wrong, you're personally responsible both civilly and criminally. The cops seize property without any proof or evidence of criminal activity all the time and the cop shop gets to keep it too. If I do that it's called armed robbery if I have a gun with me even if I don't pull it, and yet every such cop has one. Prison for "civil forfeiture" actions aimed at the police officers individually, their entire chain of command, the governor, mayor or other officials under whatever jurisdiction they're operating and personal restitution ("you have a purdy house, ossifer") would stop all of that crap in an afternoon.
  • Can I drive down the road and pepper-spray or tear gas someone standing on the side of the road? That's felony assault and I will go to jail. I saw myriad examples of this over the last few days by the cops. How many of them are rotting in a prison cell for that felonious assault right here and now? ZERO! Want this crap to stop? Then cut the bull**** about magical blue costumes.
Finally, the cops should be held to a higher standard of conduct than ordinary citizens. Why? I'm not paid to "protect and serve"; they are. If I'm hired to write computer software it's assumed I am better than the average monkey in doing so. If I'm not then why would you hire and pay me? The same must apply to police officers; if you assert that you're a professional then start acting like it and expect to be held accountable to a higher standard than the ordinary citizen.
As for RUMP, well, "more law and order" eh? That's clearly not what he's actually calling for. Or is it? At least a military member is responsible personally if they obey an unlawful order! They can and do go to Leavenworth for following an unlawful order, say much less deciding to break the law on their own. The military is in fact, at least in theory, held to a higher standard, even when fighting overseas, than our own local and state police are.
For how many decades have we allowed that crap to continue -- and why?

tl;dr

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I remember the meeting years ago with HR on a conference call and us in a room concerning terming an employee. In casual talk the HR rep asked if the person was a protected individual. Myself and another Manager looked at each other across the room?? WTH is that I whispered. Turns out that they think twice about firing any person that isn't white and any of the now 19 genders that aren't male.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Human/Christian aspect of it is not to put your knee on a mans neck and take his life due to it. 4-officers on one man it was easy to get that guy in the car. Was no need for what ended up happening. Yea he had problems and run ins but still a human being.
I’ve typed and deleted over a hundred words, but all I can really say is that I am praying God will give a few of you softer hearts.
I'm praying that God will persuade people to get up off of their knees, quit apologizing for their skin color (white), and to act like they have a set and take the country back.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Human/Christian aspect of it is not to put your knee on a mans neck and take his life due to it. 4-officers on one man it was easy to get that guy in the car. Was no need for what ended up happening. Yea he had problems and run ins but still a human being. All of us fall short of the Glory of God just in different ways, I cant see how one is any better or worse than the other just some born/raised in different circumstances. The Good Lord made us all.
Circumstances mean nothing. Life is what you make of it. No excuses. Suck it up, be a productive member of society. If you don't, then accept the consequences. You're exactly right. This didn't have to happen. The guy didn't have to use counterfeit money. He didn't have to be cracked out on drugs and he didn't have to resist arrest. Not to mention, his existing health conditions, but go out in the street and kneel down and apologize for being white if that makes you feel better.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Circumstances mean nothing. Life is what you make of it. No excuses. Suck it up, be a productive member of society. If you're don't then accept the consequences. The las

I'm praying that God will persuade people to get up off of their knees, quit apologizing for their skin color (white), and to act like they have a set and take the country back.

I can assure you, you have me confused.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I can assure you, you have me confused.
Phone was jacked up. What I was trying to say to you was...I'm praying that God will persuade people to get up off of their knees, quit apologizing for their skin color (white), and to act like they have a set and take the country back.