xbowhuntonly

Four Pointer
da6ea15eb11066bfd6df2b6fd248ef10.jpg
Apple orchard beside my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I heard a few gobbles a couple of properties over from where I went to listen this morning. That place is better late in the season once the leaves are out in full. It was nice to hear one, but I wish he'd been closer. We'll see what Saturday's listening post brings.

Jim

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Nothing this morning in SC. Weather wasnt exactly gobbling weather either but still expected something. Youth days tomorrow we will see what it brings.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
went a long way to hear very little but at least a few gobbled sparingly.
these started early and flew down right at 7.
it was pretty brisk wind wise but mostly they had a zillion hens so no use to waste any energy gobbling.
not a peep from one on the ground.
SC.

Reactions: jug

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Drove 7 hrs total and stayed on public from daylight until dark scouting. Didnt hear any this morning, but really didn't expect to in the less than ideal conditions. Hard to hear over that freight train wind in them big pines.

witler

Eight Pointer
Chatham county between Pittsboro and Siler here. I walked out to my truck weds morning to get my hat and when I slammed the truck door one shock gobbled 100yds behind my house. Only ever seen one hen around here and that was years ago. I was glad to hear him.

I live in Chatham Cty. closer to Durham area, we had 22 in the back yard last week. I mean within 10 yds. of the house. One time we had 15 turkeys and 8 deer, all out together.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw this today..... no gobbles any where and still setting pecking order... strutters still ganged up

Attachments

• 2A07AC8D-2328-42A1-84EF-0ADAC61014BB.png
    2A07AC8D-2328-42A1-84EF-0ADAC61014BB.png
    731.9 KB · Views: 73
  • FD772A6E-5203-4C55-A93A-23AA5BF2B16D.jpeg
    FD772A6E-5203-4C55-A93A-23AA5BF2B16D.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 70

25contender

Twelve Pointer
First time out to listen this morning. We heard 4. Watched one in a pine strutting and gobbling. Heard one about 8am about 500 yds away. Headed that way and watched him strutting near a hen. Another was gobbling about 100 yds from him . Good morning.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Every morning the past week. Was also in the yard at at 6:30 PM Wednesday and heard one gobbling his tail off.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Silent in Anson County this morning but did see 2 jakes and found a nice shed.

Attachments

• 44E9AA82-D0BD-4098-950C-F8F90C7227CC.jpeg
    44E9AA82-D0BD-4098-950C-F8F90C7227CC.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 42

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Sitting on the new gasline watching it. I can see for about a mile. I have two birds gobbling. One on each side of the power line 150 yds or so. They are gobbling at anything loud!!26747

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it was pretty brisk wind wise but mostly they had a zillion hens so no use to waste any energy gobbling.
SC.
repeat except i had a gun and dead calm.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
All the Jake's are gobbling back at the big guy!! Funny to watch. He is heading back to the gas line.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
SC.
pretty sure today was gonna be day three of this agony.
tired to change it up and call more to if nothing else see how many were around.
bad idea, now i know that i really am stinking it up ; having not killed one here.

ditchbank

Banned
They must have done all of their gobbling before 8am I couldn’t check spots until I got off of work at 7am. I did see one lone atom in the field when I drove up but went to three spots and didn’t hear a bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Birds just on fire this morning gobbled roost and ground at most any noise made. These 2 couldn't control themselves gobbled at me whistling

Nice the birds I have been seeing and hearing are gobbling at everything that is suto load. Its nice just to sit there and listen.