Gobbling reports

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Surely some you eastern or piedmont guys going out to listen this wknd. Little early here at high elevation but some lower spots will be noisy at daylight here next week. Looks like rain sun but Mon I'll be at listening spot to get my fix.

xbowhuntonly

Four Pointer
a4ec3e24710b45789214612c7c9f68bc.jpg
. This morning at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I have that situation at workd as well. It's pretty relaxing actually. They are untouchable and provide some good reinforcement that you can make one gobble. :)

PG2

Ten Pointer
My uncle in Ohio txt me at 6:30 am last Thursday and said he just walked out his front door and across the street one was gobbling his head off... 20 degrees and light snow! How crazy...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My uncle in Ohio txt me at 6:30 am last Thursday and said he just walked out his front door and across the street one was gobbling his head off... 20 degrees and light snow! How crazy...

Good to hear may ride up there end month take listen couple places in curious about

Lastfling

Six Pointer
I step out on the deck each morning around 6:30 when I let the dog out and they have been hammering for the past two weeks. There’s a pile of hens and two maybe three gobblers keeping them company. Between the hens carrying on and the gobbling makes for an enjoyable cup of coffee lol.

Reactions: PG2

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Turkeyfoot I was in Ohio early this morning around New Matamoras and heard three gobbling. Won’t be long. Have heard a couple in WV week before last on a warm sunny morning.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
I've been out every day off since March 1 to different places around the state. Haven't heard a gobble yet,but have found some areas that hold promise and marked a few spots off as not worth another visit.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Chatham county between Pittsboro and Siler here. I walked out to my truck weds morning to get my hat and when I slammed the truck door one shock gobbled 100yds behind my house. Only ever seen one hen around here and that was years ago. I was glad to hear him.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Heard one gobbling yesterday morning at 625 am across the road from Disneys Port Orleans French quarter resort.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
This morning shoulda been just right but I didn't hear a peep or see a bird on road on way home which was very odd. Give it week and see did find fresh scratching so I know they been some around

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Turkeyfoot I was in Ohio early this morning around New Matamoras and heard three gobbling. Won’t be long. Have heard a couple in WV week before last on a warm sunny morning.

I didn’t know those warm sunny mornings existed in WV his time of year. I rolled through last week and it was a snowy 9 degrees

rodman

Ten Pointer
why were you amazed?
I love unique roosting spot tales.
I had to be at a farm to pick up a trailer. I get up early year round so I was over there at daylight. I pulled in to the back of the the farm and was going to turn my hitch around to the right size ball. I shut the truck off and got out and slammed the door. Some turkeys gobbled in a bottom. I looked that direction and one was roosted almost over top of a litter shed. I quickly got my phone and started recording. He never gobbled but his buddies in the bottom did. When he flew down there was another one close that I hadn't seen. When they flew down I ran to the dry stack and got some good audio of the hens. They sounded a little rough which goes to show you don't have to be a perfect caller

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Nothing here yet figure this week we will hear a few it’s warming up and getting drier , been seeing plenty of toms won’t be long now

ctsnow

Six Pointer
Anybody been to East TN yet this year? Thinking about heading there in the morning to see if any birds are gobbling yet. The low is 47 for the night so thought a few might be active.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Some of my work postponed, so I'm going to listen near one of my favorite spots. I love this time of year.

Jim

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Are they tearing it up this morning? I’m on the road and it seems too beautiful for them not to be hammering