Gobbling reports 2020

John Henry

Six Pointer
I actually heard gobbles on the last day of deer season. Lately I have been seeing birds strutting in the fields with hens and a few gobbling on cool mornings.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Ive not heerd any in NC yet, but the other morning they sure was hollering from the roost in Maine on that deer cam site Roundball posted up in the general forum.

15 degrees and they climbed all over tree yelp them hens roosted nearby let out.

I gotta get to Maine the last week of May.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm gonna go for my first listen here in week don't expect to much in its usually closer to st Patrick's before they get consistently going in mtns but I'm off so just be glad to get out

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Haven't gone out to listen so far, but there's a flock of hens visiting behind the house daily. I haven't seen a longbeard yet, though it's just a matter of time. I plan to go listen & practice calling in the State Park this weekend.

Jim

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been listening the past 3 days, hearing song birds and a couple owls but thunderchickens are still silent.

Excursion

Ten Pointer
Went and listened this morning...….not a single gobble from a very high listening point. About 7:30 heard a bird fly down. Very nice gobbler. Slipped out went to another spot. No gobbles but saw 3 jakes in the field. Wont be long now.....

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Saw a bunch of turkeys in a farmer's cattle pasture just down the road from my house yesterday afternoon as I was driving home from work. I couldn't believe it. Finally! Hope they mosey over to the game lands in April. :D

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
About an hour outside of Norfolk I passed a field with a few dozen in it with at least 4 in full strut right in the middle of the group.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Heading out in the morning to climb a few ridges and see if a couple want to slip up and give away their location.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a bunch of turkeys in a farmer's cattle pasture just down the road from my house yesterday afternoon as I was driving home from work. I couldn't believe it. Finally! Hope they mosey over to the game lands in April. :D
Pay them a visit you might get turkey and trapping permission,don't hurt to ask.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Pay them a visit you might get turkey and trapping permission,don't hurt to ask.

I already asked the farmer in the fall for permission to hunt squirrels on his land. He said no. He's already got a guy leasing it to hunt.

But I could ask him about trapping.

rodman

Ten Pointer
Had to work in SC yesterday morning early. Got the crew going and was able to slip down the road a ways before daylight and hear 2 gobblers sound off. Going in the morning near home to see what is shaking

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Saw a group of 10 hens together on Wednesday and heard a gobble at 2:30 pm today (Friday) in Wilkes co. while checking cameras .

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I was a long way from you but I heard the same turkeys you did🙄
When we left.. just down the road was a strutter with 10 hens. No wonder he didn’t gobble.

On way home, we saw another huge flock with multiple strutters and they were chasing each other around establishing pecking order