Gobblers and big flocks.... who is seeing them?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Amazing how fast the birds get flocked up now that deer season is over.
Seen a flock of 26 hens on Sunday half mile from the house in Harnett.
This morning seen 7 gobblers and 6 jakes about a mile from the house as the crow flies.... I turned around and tried to get a pic but some other redneck was doing the same thing and spooked them:geek:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Seen a bunch last week just outside Severn, could't tell ya a number but looked like 20 or more.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Reactions: jug

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I am still seeing the same 30-40 (most I counted in trail cam pic was 41) weekly......I am still putting out some corn I had left over. Corn should last till end of February....

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
I’ve been seeing about 4-7 gobblers with 1 hen on a piece of land that connects to property I have permission to hunt near my house in Wilkes . That’s nothing unusual last year after church on day in March my family & I counted 15 gobblers a mix of toms & jakes ?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 2 flicks Saturday. 1 flock of gobblers in a green field around El dorado. Saw 3 other turkeys in Rowan county feeding in someone’s yard... think they were feeding them.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The flocks may get bigger this time of year, but they were plenty of sizable flocks all through deer season.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
ae620e6b90c16fe7cf1e640eca6acc8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Best part is.... they are safe and sound where they are as I don’t hunt them.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UH mo you under estimate the "resourcefulnes" of turkey chasers.
unless you put muzzles on them-- they arent safe and sound.;)

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
This train just kept coming by the camera.

Attachments

• MFDC3577.JPG
    MFDC3577.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 49
  • MFDC3595.JPG
    MFDC3595.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 47