Glutton for punishment

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
They were whelp yesterday, a day early. There were at least 14, two are already gone. Not sure if there were 12 or 13 left. I didn't want to move her or them to much. I sure more won't make it.received_1454440634912713.jpegreceived_1480545008989436.jpegreceived_1454440634912713.jpeg

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Moma dog died last night. All 11 pups still alive. We are splitting the litter between me and my kennel partner and going to try and save them. The women of the families are going to try their best. We will help at night.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
Moma dog died last night. All 11 pups still alive. We are splitting the litter between me and my kennel partner and going to try and save them. The women of the families are going to try their best. We will help at night.

Sorry to hear that DRS. How old was she?

Reactions: DRS

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
She was 7. I got her from an older gentleman, a friend. I gave him some easy handling hounds some years ago. He breed the male, to one of his females. Don't know the breeding. She was one of the pups, he hunted her. I watched her all the time she was a track running machine. We he told me he was getting out, I ask him could I have her. The male he breed and ultimately her were off one of my favorite/ best male 9dogs I ever owned and I didn't have any females on that line. I crossed her back on the line 2 years ago. Those hounds are doing good and coming into there own. They will be 2 on Thursday. This time I crossed her 3 generations back on best field trial female I have ever owned side.

The pups we still have 10 now. 5 and 5. My kennel partner and wife, me and my lady, she being crucial to us raising the other 5. We could not do this without the women I our lives being the main players keeping these pups alive while we work away from home. Odds are still against them but generally they are getting stronger and larger with every feeding. I have learned a few things along the way. One is that the bitch is stimulating the pups to poop when they lick the back side. We simulate this by messaging the growing and anal area with a warm wet paper towel. Sounds disgusting but it is amazing how nature works.

Last edited:

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
My gyp had hers Thursday. She is 8 yrs old. She had had 7 and they are doing good.

Attachments

• B9AB79F4-72D5-4D12-A0DD-EBA93903FFDC.jpeg
    B9AB79F4-72D5-4D12-A0DD-EBA93903FFDC.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2330158C-80AD-400B-BA61-E7F9E693040F.jpeg
    2330158C-80AD-400B-BA61-E7F9E693040F.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 9