Glock G19

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
After many years of resistance I joined the Glock family. Just picked up a Gen 5 G19 as a carry companion to my Ruger PC 9mm carbine that also uses Glock mags. I like the idea of grabbing one rifle, one handgun, and several loaded mags that interchange. Even more so as this world comes apart at the seams!!

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
After many years of resistance I joined the Glock family. Just picked up a Gen 5 G19 as a carry companion to my Ruger PC 9mm carbine that also uses Glock mags. I like the idea of grabbing one rifle, one handgun, and several loaded mags that interchange. Even more so as this world comes apart at the seams!!

People love to hate on Glocks. I’m not sure why.

I’ve carried a G19 daily for several years.
It’s been boringly reliable. It’s accurate.

I don’t love the stock sights, swapped them for AmeriGlo night sights.
I’ve got Trijicons on a G22 and I like the AmeriGlo better.

Other than that, it’s bone stock and will remain that way.

Enjoy your new pistol.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Never said you hated them.

was just going off of your "people love to hate on Glocks. I don't know why" comment,,,I merely responded to that comment that came after mine,,,giving you "the why"

glad 45-70 has what he wants,,,,my post of "my condolences" was in jest, and expect he knew that (based on my interactions with him),,,,

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
was just going off of your "people love to hate on Glocks. I don't know why" comment,,,I merely responded to that comment that came after mine,,,giving you "the why"

glad 45-70 has what he wants,,,,my post of "my condolences" was in jest, and expect he knew that (based on my interactions with him),,,,

Yes sir, I smiled at your comment!!

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Ah. I see.
I was already typing my reply before I read yours. Wasn’t directed at you.

Completely understand disliking something and preferring something else.

Also understood the condolences comment was in jest.

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
I have lots of handguns, and carried a lot since getting my CHP. Traded for a G19X 2 years ago and slowly put it through it's paces next to my FN FN-S 9mm and SIG P320.

Now my G19X rides with me everywhere, 19rds on tap for looters, mass shooters and general scumbags all over.

Shot some drills during a recent trip to a friend's range and it's just fast and accurate for me.

Now I want an AR in 9mm that takes Glock mags for when I need to shoulder something that takes my 33rd happy sticks

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I also looked at the G17. The G19 fit my hand a little better for some reason. Plus I like I can use my 15, 17, or 33 round rifle mags. With the G17 I was locked into the 17 or 33 round mags.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Good choice for a reliable, accurate and easy to shoot 9mm. My 3rd Gen 19 has the 25 cent trigger job, tritium fiber optic sights and a slightly larger than stock slide release. It has been flawless since day one.

<>< Fish

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
I also looked at the G17. The G19 fit my hand a little better for some reason. Plus I like I can use my 15, 17, or 33 round rifle mags. With the G17 I was locked into the 17 or 33 round mags.
The G19X and G17 gen 5 are the same grip frame length

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Glocks are like redheads...don’t pass early judgment...take it to the range a few times first...it’ll likely become a favorite