Glock 44

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Who plans to get one. Should be able to get one in my have mid next month to play with. Looking forward to it but wish they did it in 17 frame.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
It should sell well as there is a huge Glock fan base. Glock is more than a little behind the game with this offering though. I can't see the 10rd mag capacity and lack of factory installed threaded barrel helping sales. Their marketing dept dropped the ball on two key selling points there.

<>< Fish

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It should sell well as there is a huge Glock fan base. Glock is more than a little behind the game with this offering though. I can't see the 10rd mag capacity and lack of factory installed threaded barrel helping sales. Their marketing dept dropped the ball on two key selling points there.

<>< Fish

Count me as one of those in the Glock fan club.
I also completely agree with you. I was really hoping to see a Glock carbine.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
This gun was a year overdue.
They planned to have it out last year at shot but did not have the bugs worked out.

As for the capacity it should be more. For the threaded barrel bet it will be out later in the year. They just want to get it out.. they do have a threaded barrel. Just not going to be in the first offering.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
My only experience with Glock is a 27 Gen4. I don't hate it but I don't get excited about new releases.

I had to look it up and to be frank it doesn't make me want to replace a P22. 44 does have an advantage as a training tool as it's nearly identical to a 19. It benefits those owners that want a cheaper alternative to practice.

Lee

Six Pointer
I 've read that factory threaded barrels and 15 round magazines are coming. A store price of $350 to $360 has also been mentioned. The size and weight work for me. I'll wait and see about the magazine and price.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm a long-time Glock user, but I really don't think I'll be adding one to my inventory.

The pragmatic side of me says the G44 would be most useful (for me, anyway) as a training "bridge" for new shooters before introducing them to a more powerful centerfire model. I don't view it as a stand-in for the class of pistols I generally use like the Ruger Mk series, Browning Buckmarks, S&W Victory, etc. Consumers will ultimately decide how big the niche is for the G44.

Last edited:

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
I am looking awful hard at it! I have been wanting a Browning Buckmark for years and now this 44 has come along. My main reason for wanting it is for public land hunting. It is half the weight than the browning.

22LR

Twelve Pointer

<>< Fish
Glock sells a threaded barrel separately... They have it figured out šŸ˜

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Glock sells a threaded barrel separately... They have it figured out šŸ˜

They have it figured out...how to milk more money from the customers. :poop:

Meanwhile there are multiple factory .22 pistol options that don't gouge your pocket but do include an out of the box threaded barrel.

<>< Fish

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Played with one today. Great price 350 range but boy I just could not buy it.
Had too much feel of a Air Soft gun....
Had to back away andd tell them to call me when they get one with threaded barrel in that same price range....

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have a buddy who just bought one. He said he took it to the range this past week and ran several hundred rounds through it of various brands and they all cycled great; no issues. He said he really enjoyed shooting it; but also commented on how light it was.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
A friend got one last week. He did a quick function test of a couple mags but hasnt really done much with it yet. I handled it Saturday night and could not get over how light it is. Didn't get a chance to shoot it yet but probably will pretty soon.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Own no other Glocks, having had the same problems with a G2 19 that the NYPD did, but am looking forward to handling one of these. Was in the store a week early, will check again soon as they should be there by now. My P220 with .22 conversion kit is a reliable lightweight handgun, but would not mind having another in that category. Am looking forward to seeing more reports here.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If it had a threaded barrel I think I would have got the one I played with.....
But add another 150 to 200 to get a threaded barrel just has me waiting for it to come stock threaded.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
What was it Jeff Cooper said??? Planning on missing much???

I've killed numerous squirrels with my Ruger .22 Mark II, with head shots...If it ain't broke, don't fix it...