Glock 43X and 48

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Each of those new models will appeal to somebody and they'll likely sell well ..... most Glocks do.

I've been teaching people to shoot Glocks since the late 80's and I can tell you the double-stack models don't "fit" a fairly significant number of people with average to small size hands. Thinner guns are simply easier to shoot well, so these options are welcome additions to the line-up.

Last edited:

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
It's like Glock is now trying to compete with Kahr and the single stack line they've had for years. The Glock will be more reliable than the Kahr. I like the slide color change, but I agree that the added 4-5 rounds (depending on if you top off) to me doesn't validate changing if you currently have a Glock 43. With that said, it will sell for Glock. There tribe is strong and loyal.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
With that said, it will sell for Glock. There tribe is strong and loyal.

Yep it is a Glock thing.
They have a cult like following. At one time I was that way. Would buy one stick in safe and sometimes never shoot it.

There has not been a glock that I know of that did not sell or have a line for it when they hit the shop as a new model roll out.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Yep it is a Glock thing.
They have a cult like following. At one time I was that way. Would buy one stick in safe and sometimes never shoot it.

There has not been a glock that I know of that did not sell or have a line for it when they hit the shop as a new model roll out.
Very true statement, the Glock name just sales.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I have small hands so I could never shoot a full frame Glock. Bought a Kahr CW9 so I don't need a 43x or 48. Bought a 42 for my son and we both love it.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
I have small hands so I could never shoot a full frame Glock. Bought a Kahr CW9 so I don't need a 43x or 48. Bought a 42 for my son and we both love it.

You know I was on the “bash the Glock 42” and “where is the single stack 9mm we’ve been waiting for Glock?” train. I’ll have to have some salt with my crow, because like you I love, love, love how the Glock 42 handles and carries. It’s a sleeper if you discount the .380acp, but I can put them on target fast and accurate. They’ve finally got down enough in price to warrant a purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I already have a 43 and don't really see any big changes that would make me buy another one.