Glock 43 owners

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
What is your experience? I already have a 23 I bought in 2001. I would like any thoughts from those that own or have shot a Glock 43. I am looking at purchasing one. Would be my edc.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Get one! Carries well even in very hot weather. Endless holster choices and after market upgrades. Easy to shoot and fairly accurate acfterr you getrud of the factory sights.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I had the 42 and loved it. Would have gotten the 43 but it wasn’t out yet. I’m looking to replace my stolen 42 but I’m torn between the glock and shield. I’m having a hard time justifying the price of the 43 when the shield is equally as good, almost the same size and hold more rounds.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Pistols of this size are popular (#2 in overall sales for Glock last year) for a reason. Like the first edition of most things, the first G43's had a few glitches but they were ironed out in fairly short order. If buying used, I'd make sure it's a late model pistol.

Mine has (Tritium) XS Big Dot sights on it and hitting an 8" plate at 25 yards is pretty straightforward if you yank the trigger just right. The pistol is small and since it only weighs just over a pound, it's a little bit "snappy" as one might expect.

This target represents some of the first shots (30 rds) fired from mine from the 3, 5, 7, 10 and 15 yard line.

My counsel for all Glocks regarding modifications is simple; with the exception of sights and perhaps a change of factory connectors, don't muck with it.

To be honest, for my purposes the G43 is an ideal inside the waistband (IWB) pistol. It's too big to be a pocket gun and if you're going to carry outside the waistband (OWB) you could readily carry a larger gun for the same effort. But, irrespective of those subjective opinions the gun shoots very well for what it is and I've experienced no issues in the 11 months that I've owned mine.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Its a glock. Its works. Its ugly but it works. Same can not be said for S&W, Sig, etc. Only issue is round count.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've had mine for a couple of years and it has been 100% with anything I put in the magazine, easy to shoot and carry, i may buy a second one to put up.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I dont see two six round mags as an issue at all. If I have an issue that needs more than 12 rounds to solve its going to be a hell of a day anyway.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I dont see two six round mags as an issue at all. If I have an issue that needs more than 12 rounds to solve its going to be a hell of a day anyway.

If you were to want a slightly higher capacity, Taran Tactical makes +2 extensions that allow a little more grip on the gun. They’ve been very reliable in my experience.
Just an option, you may already be aware of.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Thanks. The lgs clerk was sure to try and sell me a couple. I like my revolvers as well and 6 rounds is just fine with me. Especially when a fresh mag doubles that.

ThrillofDaChase

Ten Pointer
Get one! Carries well even in very hot weather. Endless holster choices and after market upgrades. Easy to shoot and fairly accurate acfterr you getrud of the factory sights.

What sights are you running? I've been looking to upgrade mine.

Love the gun. Easy for concealment purposes.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I'm a skinny 150# er at 5'11" and it sits nice and flat on my hip. I shoot it as well as my 19. And it looks cute in the Tiffany blue frame stainless slide I picked.

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk