Getting rid of coyotes..

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the fast way. I have a very select group of guys with coyote/cat dogs that have become my best weapon for coyote removal. A group turned out on one coyote yesterday and actually caught the entire litter of year old pups and the bitch dog in a young corn field. The dogs killed 5 pups and the female before they could make it to the woods.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well maybe we can have a list of coyote dog owners as a sticky like we do for tracking dogs.
I like that solution.
is there an organized group for coyote hunters who use dogs?

odie408

Ten Pointer
I have been hunting yote dogs a few years with a group. Lot of fun and very effective. Seven big yotes in one day was our best. Dogs have killed a few of those long legged supped up yotes. That was frowned upon but oh well.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of the farmers we know in KS has a pack of dogs and hunts coyotes with them in the winter when the ground is frozen. Never been out there that time of year but have heard it can get a bit exciting busting out across a corn field in a pick up or a souped up side by side with dog boxes on the back after a coyote. When they get close enough to the coyote, they slam on brakes a pull the lever to open the dog boxes. Not many coyotes get away.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have friends that are pretty successful in the upper midwest with dogs. But you can't run them here like they do. Too much purple paint and egos. Not to mention the dogs they use can't take the heat we have here. This is a days bag out there. 48378649_267973300552797_3098278244990844928_n.jpg

RJ1

Ten Pointer
well maybe we can have a list of coyote dog owners as a sticky like we do for tracking dogs.
I like that solution.
is there an organized group for coyote hunters who use dogs?

I don't know of an organization for just coyote dog hunters in N.C. most if they belong to a group its listed as a Fox Hunters Association. You just have to look around to see if you can find one talk to dog hunters in your area. I do know alot of dog hunters like myself have min. requirements on the amount of land you need to have before I turn a hound out on it I will not turn a bear hound out unless you have 800 acres or fox hound out unless you have 2000 acres, I will go under that sometimes according were the land is located.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Some of the guys i use to bobcat hunt with switched there dogs over to coyotes for a few years but switched back to the bobcats. Some of the yotes would stretch out to far. To hard to keep up with them with just couple people. Occasionally some of the fox and cat dogs i use to have would get after a coyote but they got same treatment as they did if they ran a deer

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I have friends that are pretty successful in the upper midwest with dogs. But you can't run them here like they do. Too much purple paint and egos. Not to mention the dogs they use can't take the heat we have here. This is a days bag out there. View attachment 45696

Man that was a good hunt. Looks like the dogs snatched the hide off or about off of several yotes.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If you have ever been out west to WY ... itā€™s crazy how totes are everywhere

Almost as bad as the prairie dogs