Getting Better!!

CarolinaReaper

At least in my opinion! I purchased my first handgun just before Christmas last year. Up until that point I had only fired a pistol a handful of times. But now, I'm happy to say I'm hooked! I am by no means a marksmen with one. (Yet:LOL:) But I am making solid progress compared to when I first started. I shot to my knowledge the best 7 yard grouping I'v ever had earlier today and I'm damn proud of it. Just wanna say thanks for the tips and pointers on what to do from the seasoned members here. Gonna keep at it until I'm a happy with my skill level.

7 Yards
IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

20 Yards. It ain't pretty. But compared to me missing the target all together when I started, I'll take it!
IMG_0899.jpg

New backplate I put on last night. $10 upgrade. Won't help you shoot better but it looks pretty cool.
IMG_0905.jpg

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Here's a really good way to burn up 50 rounds. This is an exercise in trigger control and sight use, not speed - so there is no time limit.

The goal is to shoot the drill "clean" with no misses, so start out as close as necessary. For most people that's 3 yards. If/when you get to where you can shoot it without a miss, step back to 4 yards, then 5 yards, etc.

You can download the target here ... it fits on a standard size sheet of paper.

Give it a shot and post up your results.

CarolinaReaper

Here's a really good way to burn up 50 rounds. This is an exercise in trigger control and sight use, not speed - so there is no time limit.

The goal is to shoot the drill "clean" with no misses, so start out as close as necessary. For most people that's 3 yards. If/when you get to where you can shoot it without a miss, step back to 4 yards, then 5 yards, etc.

You can download the target here ... it fits on a standard size sheet of paper.

Give it a shot and post up your results.

Appreciate the tip. Gonna give that one a try tomorrow.