Get together public bow hunt?

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I was thinking an offshoot of the Linville gorge. Where over mtn trail goes through. 5 fields spread out. A long powerline cut. Timber, a bit of everything. But it's not Linville gorge proper so not so darn steep. Killed one of my 2020 bucks out there. @YanceyGreenhorn
We were talking about this yesterday. There arent many deer down where we camped last year and we had to drive out a ways to hunt, but it was a great spot to camp.
The weekend of Oct 7,8 and 9 makes the most sense so we can hunt on Sunday too. Seems to be what most are preferring.
We need to start a new thread confirming the date and where since its getting kinda lost in these threads.

Higher on the mountain is better for me but I can make anything work. As long as we have enough room to camp, Im good.
Had quite a few people last year and we took up a good sized area.
Everybody start talking about what you think about the date and throw out where ideas and I'll start a new specific thread on Mon or Tues.

@SnowMaker were you thinking about over off 183 /Linville Falls area ?

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
There's a good camping spot about halfway through Maple Sally Road. I'm not sure how many people is going, so not sure if it's big enough. There's some pretty good hunting through there and it's in the middle of nowhere. Not sure if yall are still interested in hunting that portion or not.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
There's a good camping spot about halfway through Maple Sally Road. I'm not sure how many people is going, so not sure if it's big enough. There's some pretty good hunting through there and it's in the middle of nowhere. Not sure if yall are still interested in hunting that portion or not.
I think issue would be size of spot out that rd and if someone beat you there would have totally change plans don't think there is anymore big enough if same size group shows

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
@turkeyfoot ... start the new thread.
If it's gonna be Oct 7,8,9 I can and will attend.
If not, I don't have vacation to be able to take a different weekend off.
I hope to get to see you guys again and maybe some new faces, too.