Get together picture thread

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't have any at the moment but I know they were taken so y'all post them up.

A huge thank you to Mike, Connie and the whole crew for hosting this bunch of misfits. I enjoy each of these more than the last and the food gets better every year. I almost got a bite or two of all of it, but when you snooze you lose from time to time.

To all of you who have never been: you are missing out.

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
A huge thanks to all of Mike and his crew for opening up their place again this year... Annette and I had a great time. It was great to see old friends and meet a couple of new folks.
Are are missing out on great food and fellowship if you don't show up..... I don't have pictures either but I can confirm there was I cookout...

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Mike & Connie, wow, y'all opened your homes to us and were the most gracious hosts, as always. It was all really good but I found myself gluttonously making repeated trips to Connie's cornbread.

There was a lot of rain in Saturday night's forecast, which didn't materialize, and while I would have been OK in the tent, I appreciated that so many of you thought of me and offered me a spot on your couch or extra bunk.

I know it's poor form to single out one person when so many contributed, but @Firedog, you did a lot of cooking this year, you showed some real talent with that spatula, and even had Conner behind the griddle at least once. Of all the things you cooked, those omelets this morning and the squash on Saturday were especially memorable.

Many of you had some kind words regarding my wife and her challenges. I'm pleased to report that she did well with her family members this weekend. I don't get many weekends off these days, so being able to spend time with with all of you in such a unique and fun event means a lot.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was in Corolla for the entire week, came back yesterday, and wondered if any one I saw on the road on 64 were NCHF guys -

Glad yall had a good time.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I have never, been on a fishing trip like this one! All Yellowfins, and over 800 pounds caught. Sharks were bad at first, captain adjusted and no issues after that. At one point we had 8, ATE out of ten lines hit by yellowfins! Poor Eric Revo looked so relieved when the mate gaffed his tuna and threw it onto the deck. But the look on his face when the mate handed him another rod and said "good job, now reel this tuna in" was priceless :D

PXL_20210611_161057149.MP.jpg

Twas cool watching a father help and teach his son on his first ever yellowfin tuna, which by the way was a citation @ 79@'S!!! Great Job Owen!!!

IMG_20210611_072723988.jpg

I've never seen the gulf stream so calm before! Wasted $10 on motion sickness meds but not complaining!

I pulled an Irish Exit like a Ninja and hit the sack! Not to be rude, but because I knew I'd need a LOT of sleep for the following day's events!

Basically, the goal is to NOT eat 10% of your body weight. I believe I failed......again.

Behold.

Perhaps my favorite food this year were these beam hams! Though the mystery meat was a CLOSE second!!!!

IMG_20210612_115610771.jpg

Tuna Burgers were AWESOME as always!

IMG_20210612_115655246.jpg

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Then there was IBgreen's Brisket which I think he started preparing in early June?!?!?! OMG SO GOOD!!!!

IMG_20210612_143334443.jpg

Zombie and Lizzy showed up with flat out AWESOME trout they caught and shared! I think he could easily talk me into the same trip after eating those and hearing about the fishing!!

IMG_20210612_172706657.jpg

The Peanut Butter Pie seemed enjoyed by all, especially my FAVORITE person at the whole get together (My PM box is about to BLOW UP! lol)

IMG_20210612_153507840.jpg

IMG_20210612_191723484 (2).jpg

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hate I missed it this year. Looks like everyone had a good time, as usual! Hopefully, I can be there next year.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Tons of other entertainment as well. Some of the stories/debates I heard/relived/took part in were rather enthralling.

I missed some of the other members who usually come, and was thrilled to spend time with others I did not expect to see.

Perhaps the most profound thing I noticed was the growth in both physical as well as intellectual maturity which has occurred in recent times regarding young members who've frequented this get together for several years. The same young folks who used to answer "yeah" or "uh huh" now say "Yes sir, yes mam" and even "Excuse my MS. Connie, but you're in my way of washing the dishes.".

Watching these young folks grow up, set up, clean up, cook, and then break down was very gratifying to both myself and my MRS. We spoke about it a lot on the ride home.

Without Carson and Conner, we might have gone hungry and had no clean cooking utensils.

You'll notice, for the first time I can fathom, no pictures of QBD manning the griddle. This was by design, and worked out flawlessly!

Golden Corral can't even compete with this buffet!

IMG_20210613_083446508.jpg

IMG_20210613_081352376.jpg

IMG_20210613_104309056.jpg

IMG_20210613_083635787.jpg

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The part I am having the most trouble believing is that St8 is the only one who appears to have taken many pictures all weekend.