Gerber knives customer service

bflee

I work at a hospital in Eastern NC. I was driving through the parking a few months back and found a nice Gerber fixed blade
knife. I just put it in my tool box and went about my business. I sharpened it and used it skinning deer this year and found it to be a great knife.
I decided I would check out what the knife would cost me if I had bought it on their website and I couldnt find it because I guess it is discontinued. While I was scanning the site I saw a "frequent questions" section and it had one labled "can I get another sheath for my knife" or something like that. I clicked on it and found an email address.
I decided to see about buying a sheath for the knife and sent Gerber an email. I sent a picture of the knife to them and asked about getting the sheath for it. To my surprise they sent an email back saying they were sending me a complimentary sheath and needed my address! Thats what I call service. I am a Gerber knife man for life now. That is the way to do business. I have owned one of their axes for several years and have been impressed with it also. I intend to support their business fully! Do any of you own and use Gerber knives? I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I used to own Gerber knives until I lost my knife in my hospital parking lot here in the east..... :D

Actually, My son's multitool broke. I sent it back and they sent a brand new one. I also had a very expensive (titanium) pocket knife that broke. The could not repair or replace it due to no longer in stock but they gave me a credit for the original value of the knife. They do support what they sell which to me is excellent customer service.

Last edited:

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I think they are awsome knives. I have an old (20+ year old) Bolt Action folding knife. I left the skinning blade on the rear of my truck and I have no idea where it fell off. I called them to buy another blade. I was told they no longer make those and replacements are not around. I was put on hold and the nice lady told me she had one blade that was off a prototype from when they were first designing the knife. She sent it to me free of charge. Great cust service!

Deerjager

I am a HUGE fan of Gerber products and own many. I have had fantastic service from their products as well as their customer service. They are a great American company.

tmcullen

Sent 2 multitools in for repair and got brand new ones back. Customer service is second to none!

Last edited:

Trophybucks

Love their quality but hate trying to re sharpen one.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I love my Gerbers and never had trouble keeping them, aftre I re-cut the blade angle to 25*. I am not sure what angle they are, from the factory, but since I have re-cut all mine to 25*, they are very easy to keep sharp.

bflee

At the hospital we have a guy that comes in on a box truck to sharpen instruments all the time. I usually trade him some deer sausage every now and then.
He has no trouble sharpening my knives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk