gauge reducers

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I ran 20, 28 and 410 full length tubes back when I shot skeet and then switched to the Briley Sidekicks inserts. The full length (or at least mine) came threaded for chokes and it’s pretty much the same as any gun in that particular gauge. The sidekicks are just the inserts and they are only 6”-8” long. I actually preferred them over the full length tubes because they didn’t add nearly as much weight to my O/U. Surprisingly, the sidekicks all patterned very well with whatever was in my 12 gauge at the time with the only noticeable difference being in the 410, but that’s expected due to running 1/2oz less shot.
Are you wanting it for hunting? Ive known several guys who hunt with them but most always abandon the tubes and buy a cheaper o/u in whatever gauge there tubes were simply because of the added 1-1/2 lb turns your standard 12 into a 8-9lb gun which is kinda counter productive to the idea of a sub-gauge shotgun.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If you want good patterns it's going to take a full length tube. Check Briley for fitted or universal Companions.