Gastonia Gun Show

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Next weekend, 2-27/2-28, the Gastonia VFW post will be having a gun show from 8:00 to 5:00 both days. This won't be a huge show as is common in coliseum venues and such but if you live within an hour or so it might be worth the trip. The kitchen will be open so food is available. The post is located on West Franklin about a mile West of town, quite close to Crowder's Mountain. If anyone has questions ask them here in the next few days and I'll try to get them all answered in a timely manner. Who knows, you might even get to meet old Blackwater.

Admission is $5.00 with free parking.

Mods, if this isn't allowed just flush it. RT

Last edited:

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ron, tried to get in about 1030 this morn.....people parked all the way up to shannon bradley rd......and i wasnt gonna park up there......people starting to park across hwy74.....not walking across there either.....looked like a huge turnout....people are ready to get out and do something fun.....was looking forward to seeing you....

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
ron, tried to get in about 1030 this morn.....people parked all the way up to shannon bradley rd......and i wasnt gonna park up there......people starting to park across hwy74.....not walking across there either.....looked like a huge turnout....people are ready to get out and do something fun.....was looking forward to seeing you....
You'd have found me in the parking lot trying to get that mess straightened out. They waited too long to start controlling the crowd and it turned into a real mess. Was inside the building when they opened the doors for the mad rush and so much for social distancing. At least half the crowd weren't wearing masks and they were packed in there nuts to butts and so I went out the back door and got into the parking lot away from the crowd; wound up leaving about 11:30. My wife's health is too fragile to risk that kind of exposure to some of what was there. It was mostly handguns and tactical, very few long guns; not my area of interest.