Garmin TT10 collars

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thought I would pass this on. This out today from Garmin, not exactly good news right here at hunting season. This makes used TT10s basically useless so think about this if you see some for sale and are thinking about buying.

Due to an extreme increase in the volume of TT10 repairs the last few weeks, effective immediately, Garmin will discontinue service for the TT10. This collar was discontinued four years ago. If someone has a TT10 that is under warranty, one year of age, Garmin will take care of the customer.
Meaning:
If they are IN warranty- they will be replaced with a 15 as long as there is a problem. If they are slightly out of warranty- they will offer a 20% discount towards a TT15
The 20% will be for “certain circumstances approved by a supervisor “. This goes for out of warranty and trade up.

Reactions: RJ1

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I figured they would do something like that sooner or later.
Luckily they use the same batteries so that isn't an issue. As long as they keep offering updates through web updater things will be fine to you have a hardware issue with one.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
So true. I guess that forces people to upgrade their collars every 4 or 5 years. In the short period that everyone has been using Garmin tracking, we have gone from the Astro 220 and DC 20 collars ,to the Astro 320 and DC30,DC40 &DC50 collars , to the Astro 430 ,the Alpha 100 and T5 TT10 and TT15 collars. Makes you wonder how much more they can improve on what we have now?

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
To not offer repairs Garmin is shooting their self in the foot. They are opening the door for competition to move in. I recon I'm stuck with TT 10 collars. Hope they keep working. I almost willing to bet someone will seize the moment and work on the TT 10 collars.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To not offer repairs Garmin is shooting their self in the foot. They are opening the door for competition to move in. I recon I'm stuck with TT 10 collars. Hope they keep working. I almost willing to bet someone will seize the moment and work on the TT 10 collars.
There is a company in Va that does now. I have seen their ad. several times. Next time I see it I will make note of them.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I wonder if this does open the door for competition to move in and take part of the market. Competition can be a good thing, look at our old beep beep collars. Wildlife , Johnson and QuickTrack made solid reliable collars and I really feel like it was because there was competition in the market (beepbeep collars) ,that their products had to be rock solid and reliable or the consumer could and would go else where. I am still running Wildlife beep beep collars that I purchased in 1995 . I hope (WISH) that I can say that about my Garmin collars in 23 years. So far I am lucky to get mine to last more than 2 years.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer

Me too DRS. I got 8 collars and 7 of them are TT10s. I got my first TT15 last week and wouldn't have gotten that one if I could have sent the TT10 in. I think I am going to change the battery on it to see if that is the issue.

None the less Garmin has us by the tail and we pretty much don't have a choice. Be nice if there was another option with track and train that was reliable and worked well. Oh well......you have to pay to play.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I decided to sell all of my TT10 collars, I had six TT 10 and I am now down to 2. I have cut back on the number of hounds I run anyway so it was a good time to try to move the extra collars.