Garden

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just planted some idahos that were growing in the bag between pea plants that had two chances but never came up. Late taters are better than absent peas I guess.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I may be a ways behind, but replanted corn today as well as getting sunflower seed and millet in and covered. Will see how it goes..

All three sections are now showing signs of life. The millet started sprouting in a couple or so days with the sunflowers a couple of days later. Corn is a little slower but I can see rows are greening. Will be a bit late and not looking anything like tarheelers, but surving so far...
Getting peppers and have tomatoes on the vines. Squash and zucchini are blooming.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Anybody else having an aphid problem this year? I have sprayed malathion 4 times in 2½ weeks and cant get ahead of em.

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody else having an aphid problem this year? I have sprayed malathion 4 times in 2½ weeks and cant get ahead of em.
Squash bugs the worst I have ever seen and cucumber beetles first year I have seen them. Seven dust seemed to do away with the beetles but the squash bugs are relentless. I kill the big ones by hand and scrape the eggs off the leaves daily but cannot get ahead of them.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Try getting another spray. Alternate what you spray.

There is always bifen and permethrin. Tiger super 10, hiyield.......but they aren’t supposed to be sprayed after fruiting.

I personally would spray and make sure that I washed the Veges very well. I don’t know if this minimizes the risk. I know the risk and accept it.

I cannot recommend that to others....just what I personally have done.

timber

Twelve Pointer
We finally got good rain yesterday and last night. We were getting dry here. Had to put water on the corn first of week. Its putting ears on. Think one more rain like this will finish out the first planting of corn. Everything else looking good but have been side dressing it with 34-0-0

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For adult and juvenile squash bugs a solution of dawn dishwashing liquid and water works as good as anything.
I hate those critters.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
463B1877-79E3-45C9-A34A-422842B2CC79.jpeg

The wife wanted a swing down in the raised beds.
Squash and zucchini coming in thick.
Tomato plants look better than we’ve ever grown.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Finally got some of the big rain everybody else been getting. Picked second picking of snaps today in mud up to ankles. Should have some corn end of next week but it needs some sun on it

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Finally got some of the big rain everybody else been getting. Picked second picking of snaps today in mud up to ankles. Should have some corn end of next week but it needs some sun on it
Looks like we'll have the first picking of snaps this weekend.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Corn is just now silking out and the damned tree rats have already shredded two ears although the grains haven't even formed yet. Last year I had a miserable germination and what did produce was stripped by them. I didn't get one ear to eat and this year wasn't the best germination either , not to mention drowning from so much rain.

I need a way to discourage them this year, thinking about putting Sriracha around the top of the shuck but that might not even work. I have other methods in mind also which wouldn't do to mention on the forum so just let your imagination wander on that account. Can you get a depredation permit for squirrels which are destroying your food supply????

timber

Twelve Pointer
Unless something has changed you dont need a permitt. Have had work on deer problem a little. Luckly dont have problem with squirrels

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I know this I old...malathion probably doesn't work on aphids. Aphids develop resistance.
The 4th spray i mixed it a little stiffer than the other sprayings, and it knocked their tail in the dirt.
If i have to spray again in the future, i'll spray something different...thanks

shadebaby

Six Pointer
First harvest
5e077e648c9218de42c72965fc45af75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

timber

Twelve Pointer
Put up corn today. This first crop nothing like last years corn. Have couple different age plantings one come off middle of july and another about middle of august. Hopefully will be better