Game Lands Target SHooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
one - it was a joke about the regs - so many folks come on here about things that are in the regs

two - there is info in the regs on target shooting on gamelands - Gamelands General section, Weapons, last paragraph states
Where prohibited, target shooting is defined as the discharge of a firearm for purposes other than hunting, trapping or self-defense

Which provides the answer when someone asks if they can practice archery on a game land. A number of people in the past have posted "no" because a particular game land is listed as no target shooting. Archery isn't defined as the discharge of a firearm, therefore is not specifically prohibited.

Winchester 73'

Six Pointer
no not joking
Guess i “don’t get it”
When one asks about target shooting somewhere folks likely think it’s cause you want to go target shooting there

didn’t realize it was just a philosophical question on why you couldn’t figure it out

or was it something else all together- metaphysical maybe (that’s a joke 👍)

What the heck does metipysthical mean? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that's what folks get for assuming, rather than just answering "a" question....even though the question was in the form of a screenshot.
Hard to do what I do without a nice cement foundation, shooting bench, shelter and a nice glass of iced sweat tea!!!

Last edited:

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I made the mistake of looking at the NC Public Hunters site on FB....now I see how this whole thing got started.

Wow. The mis-information on that site is staggering, especially from the moderators.....

Winchester 73'

Six Pointer
No link, because Im not linking to that nonsense....
You been posting on there, its still near the top, the thread is about as old as this one.

One of many....

Me? If you are accusing me, then post a link or get lost! Send it to me in a private message if you wish. Don't accuse me of something and then not post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.