Game cams for security?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have a remote road and field that I'm having issues with someone driving on. No cell service in area . The issue I'm having with Cams is that the ones that don't flash a red light in the dark have so much clear plastic that they reflect when hit with a light at night to show it up. The ones that don't have that feature seem to have dang red light that flashes when the cam goes off in dark. . I need something that will remain hidden anyone have any suggestions?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a remote road and field that I'm having issues with someone driving on. No cell service in area . The issue I'm having with Cams is that the ones that don't flash a red light in the dark have so much clear plastic that they reflect when hit with a light at night to show it up. The ones that don't have that feature seem to have dang red light that flashes when the cam goes off in dark. . I need something that will remain hidden anyone have any suggestions?
Worst case, maybe you can just cover the red light with black paint ?

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Nah that shiny plastic covers up the infrared array. You’d need one with it to my knowledge or the light will be seen. I’m some cases I can still see the red through the cover but I have to know what I’m looking at. I do two things for this scenario. I mount the camera off the side of the tree on a short bracket/arm and I mount it 10ft high. Can’t been seen until they’ve passed it and most people never notice em up high anyway. One lone wolf stick is all I take to get that height.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Paint it up like a Biden sign! No one will look at it then.

But seriously I have a cheap Amazon camera near my driveway. It’s does reflect some but I know it’s there and forget about weeks at the time. Outside is grey and lense is black instead of clear. From about 25’ I can read license plate # on my Jeep. I’ll have to look up what kind it is. Videos do get blurry but I haven’t played with settings to get any better yet.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have them out for surveillance of properties. Gates mainly. The WGI Razor Lights Out cameras work great. I set them off to the side, angled to the drive/road/path. Try too make sure they blend in. Haven't had a single person look at one yet. The Terra Extreme looks about like the Razor. Think they quit making the Razor.

Last edited: