Game cams for security?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have a remote road and field that I'm having issues with someone driving on. No cell service in area . The issue I'm having with Cams is that the ones that don't flash a red light in the dark have so much clear plastic that they reflect when hit with a light at night to show it up. The ones that don't have that feature seem to have dang red light that flashes when the cam goes off in dark. . I need something that will remain hidden anyone have any suggestions?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a remote road and field that I'm having issues with someone driving on. No cell service in area . The issue I'm having with Cams is that the ones that don't flash a red light in the dark have so much clear plastic that they reflect when hit with a light at night to show it up. The ones that don't have that feature seem to have dang red light that flashes when the cam goes off in dark. . I need something that will remain hidden anyone have any suggestions?
Worst case, maybe you can just cover the red light with black paint ?

TobyScreams

Ten Pointer
Nah that shiny plastic covers up the infrared array. You’d need one with it to my knowledge or the light will be seen. I’m some cases I can still see the red through the cover but I have to know what I’m looking at. I do two things for this scenario. I mount the camera off the side of the tree on a short bracket/arm and I mount it 10ft high. Can’t been seen until they’ve passed it and most people never notice em up high anyway. One lone wolf stick is all I take to get that height.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
Paint it up like a Biden sign! No one will look at it then.

But seriously I have a cheap Amazon camera near my driveway. It’s does reflect some but I know it’s there and forget about weeks at the time. Outside is grey and lense is black instead of clear. From about 25’ I can read license plate # on my Jeep. I’ll have to look up what kind it is. Videos do get blurry but I haven’t played with settings to get any better yet.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Contributor

Just got an email from Natchez that had this on the front and thought of Moose. Know nothing about it but it says "no glo"

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have them out for surveillance of properties. Gates mainly. The WGI Razor Lights Out cameras work great. I set them off to the side, angled to the drive/road/path. Try too make sure they blend in. Haven't had a single person look at one yet. The Terra Extreme looks about like the Razor. Think they quit making the Razor.

Last edited: