FTA in Va?

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Anyone headed up to the FTA convention in Harrisonburg? I'm thinking of heading up Thursday night and attending all day Friday.
Joe

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Already in Harrisonburg. Have the NCTA booth set up in the vendor building. Will be here until sometime Sunday morning.

The VTA has a dynamite line up of demos on tap all three days. Great vendor line up as well. Come and bring some friends. Rooms might be tough to find close but there is plenty of camping spots

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I'll stop by to see you. I'm easy to spot. Tall, greasy, Italian guy with a big nose.
Joe

JoeR

Eight Pointer
JoeR, thanks for coming by. Enjoyed our visit!

Very nice meeting you as well! I thought about it after leaving there today: If you're one of the guys putting together the NC Convention, and chance you're looking for some door prizes or raffle items? I can usually dig up a couple of Snap-on give-away type items. Let me know.
Joe

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Absolutely, bring them on...the more the merrier. We also take donations for the auction sale that is held right after lunch on Friday.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I went up the first day with fdtruckey and cowgirl. We enjoyed it and stocked up on lure, traps, and bait.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Absolutely, bring them on...the more the merrier. We also take donations for the auction sale that is held right after lunch on Friday.

That's right! I forgot about the auction. I'll try to squirrel away a couple of things for you.

Joe

Hines

Spike
I made it up for part of the day on Saturday. Really wish I could have attended more seminars on multiple days. Pretty cool event, wish they had it closer to us every year.

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The FTA National next year is not too bad, just north of Louisville, KY then Lawrence, KS the next year

The NTA National is coming up soon, July 11-13 in Springfield, MO. The following year, the NTA will be in Kalamazoo, MI.

It is not easy to convince the leadership of the national organizations to schedule their biggest event of the year in the south. We do not have anywhere close to the number of trappers as the states further north. The midwest, upper midwest and north east have huge numbers of trappers compared to the southeast. PA for example has around 40,000 licensed trappers. All of the states south of PA and east of the big river all combined would not be close to that number. The organizations have to stay close to the areas with the most trappers. This is especially true when the fur market is down like it is now. Folks are less willing to travel and do not buy supplies like they do when fur is selling better.

I have not seen the attendance number for this past weekend yet and I believe the folks from VA did a good job promoting this convention but I will be surprised if the PA State Convention this coming weekend does not have higher attendance numbers.

Hines

Spike
Yeah, I heard a few vendors talking about seeing each other next weekend in PA. It was a bit of a drive, but I made it worth my while. New catch pole, new hammer, and various lures and other items that I wanted to put my hands instead of ordering blindly online.