Fruit cake.... yea or nay?

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Southern Supreme and one of our members family owns the business. You can probably get some fine fruitcakes if you have some fine turkey land. :)
They got some more good stuff as well. But their fruitcake is the only one for traditional fruit cake haters to enjoy. :)
Have you ever been in on a Scott pig picking or fish fry? If not, find some good turkey land and insist on another worthy trade 😊

Their fruitcake is hands down the best.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I am a huge fruit cake fan. The recipes given look great. A little suet in a fruit cake gives great flavor.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My mother-in-law makes a ice box fruit cake. I'm not a big fan of it, but a lot of people like it. She gives a bunch of them away every year.

I'm not a big fan of fruit cake to start with.
My mother made an icebox fruitcake for many years until she passed. Now my sister has started using her recipe and hers may be even better. She gave me a huge chunk of one Christmas eve, it didn't make it to New Years. I love icebox fruitcake, especially with coffee in the morning....

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Fruit cake May be one of the most disgusting foods I’ve ever tried. More power to y’all but even if I starve to death, I’ll never be hungry enough to try it again.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I once got a fruit cake for Christmas I tryed one bite and knew it wasn’t for me. So I took it out to a feeder and the coons and bears wouldn’t even eat it. That told me all that I needed to know about fruit cake
You shoulda poured them critters a big trough full of that southern sweet tea you love so much to go with it ….

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Fruit cake May be one of the most disgusting foods I’ve ever tried. More power to y’all but even if I starve to death, I’ll never be hungry enough to try it again.
Lol, send me your address and I will send you some to try. I promise it won’t be disgusting.

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not exactly a fruitcake in the truest sense of the word… but it’s got fruit in it and it’s a cake… but my mother makes Friendship Cakes every year. I do too, but as I’m mostly just an unfriendly @$$hole, I use the starter mix to make my own cakes instead of giving them away.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Lol, send me your address and I will send you some to try. I promise it won’t be disgusting.
Appreciate the offer but you can tell that lie to someone else😂😂😂
Nuts of any kind or fruit of any kind in a cake should be illegal.