From a need.....

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've had to borrow my nephews trailer a few times for various reasons, so decided it's time... (also, I have always thought that if I have to borrow anything more than a couple of times, I need my own) I have a larger trailer that is just too big for some things, so the process started....
From a stack of metal I've just had sitting for years...plus an extra set of trailer wheels and tires.

20210529_123905.jpg

To an idea roughly sketched on paper..

20210609_202324.jpg

To a welded frame assembly... At this point it has been taken back apart and prepped for paint.
20210529_123849.jpg
20210529_123851.jpg

Continued next post....

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To paint...
20210529_185602.jpg

After letting the paint cure for a few days, reassembly began. I got stalled a bit while waiting for deck retaining clips to arrive. (Another fed ex horror story and disaster) I ended up borrowing the retainers from a friend until mine come in to replace his..20210609_092051.jpg

Continued......20210529_185631.jpg

Last edited:

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
With decking, lighting, coupling, jack, side rails and tailgate reinstalled, it is now pretty much complete...
20210609_201338.jpg

As this was a new build, I tried to cover several bases. I dovetailed the rear 36" at 12Ā° to allow for a shorter tailgate of 30" and ease of loading either of our mowers if needed. With one having a deck width of right at 75", I built the deck on this 80" wide. Using it to take one of the golf carts on trips at times, I wanted to keep the length a tad on the shorter side due to possible space issues, so ended up at 10' deck, plus tongue. The headache rack is permanent, but I made the rails removable for the ability to load two atv's from the side. Tailgate will lay out, latch up with spring latches, or lay inside on deck for moving longer items if needed.20210609_201421.jpg

Last edited:

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks like a solid and well thought out build that will suit your needs. I'd have probably made the bed a tad longer, but you mentioned wanting to keep it on the shorter side. Again, should fit your needs just fine. Looks good!

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like a solid and well thought out build that will suit your needs. I'd have probably made the bed a tad longer, but you mentioned wanting to keep it on the shorter side. Again, should fit your needs just fine. Looks good!

I needed 9' for either of the golf carts, and space can be limited in campgrounds sooo....

With decking, lighting, coupling, jack, side rails and tailgate reinstalled, it is now pretty much complete...
View attachment 67911

As this was a new build, I tried to cover several bases. I dovetailed the rear 36" at 6Ā° to allow for a shorter tailgate of 30" and ease of loading either of our mowers if needed. With one having a deck width of right at 75", I built the deck on this 80" wide. Using it to take one of the golf carts on trips at times, I wanted to keep the length a tad on the shorter side due to possible space issues, so ended up at 10' deck, plus tongue. The headache rack is permanent, but I made the rails removable for the ability to load two atv's from the side. Tailgate will lay out, latch up with spring latches, or lay inside on deck for moving longer items if needed.View attachment 67912
Thatā€™s awesome nice job