Fried rabbit legs

JD1107

Did a little rabbit hunting this past Saturday and decided to fry up the legs and save the rest for a stew. Legs turned out awesome! Brought a few into some folks I work with and as I was leaving for the day both co workers asked for more, as well as others wanting some just from smelling how good it was.

5A92176E-CD00-4C54-9AC8-69671587869F.jpeg

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Did a little rabbit hunting this past Saturday and decided to fry up the legs and save the rest for a stew. Legs turned out awesome! Brought a few into some folks I work with and as I was leaving for the day both co workers asked for more, as well as others wanting some just from smelling how good it was.

View attachment 24347
Hard to beat them Bunny Wings. Looking good.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well dang......you got to share your secret ingredients.......or it ain’t a recipe!!

JD1107

Not much to it. Soaked the legs in ice water for 24 hrs. Legs then went into some milk/eggs with salt and pepper added to the milk. Then breaded with a Louisiana style batter. Deep fried for 12 minutes at 325%. I’ve gotten good feedback from others on this batter, I use the fish fry one as well.

F10FB7DE-1536-403D-92FF-F5C37340C720.png

JD1107

forgot to add the cold beer to drink while you wait for the legs to cook.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I brought back a basket full of those mixes when I was in Louisiana after Katrina for 3 months........been a long time ago, but I will order some

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can tell I don’t fry much anymore.....

Let me rephrase......if Miller makes it ......I ain’t thirsty !!