• At some point over the next few days NC Hunt and Fish will be migrating to a new server. We are not changing our hosting provider, but we are changing machines within that provider. The reason is that an external vendor, cPanel, has increased the price of their software and we need to migrate to a different control panel. When the migration occurs, the site will be unavailable and it will remain unavailable until the DNS servers are populated with the new IP address. This could take a day, but usually happens overnight. Once the site goes down you should clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you no longer attempt to connect to an old instance. Instructions will be posted on the old server so people who are stuck there will know how to find the new server.

Frankengun

45/70 hunter

Twelve Pointer
I don't know if we have any single shot fans on here but thought I'd share my project. I assembled this all from pieces I scrounged up.
I started out with a blued Harrington & Richardson SB2 frame that has had a trigger job. Added a 30/30 ejector barrel, and a fairly rare camo laminated, checkered stock set. The recoil pad made the stock too long for me so I fit a plastic H&R butt plate. Topped off with a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 scope mounted low to just clear the hammer. An Uncle Mike's hammer extension makes using the hammer possible. Only shot to 50 yards so far but showing a preference for 170 gr pills. I have it hitting 1" high at 50 yards and it tears a ragged hole with Remington 170 gr Core Lokt's. Next up check it at 100 yards and hopefully take a deer or two this season. 030.JPG

Last edited:

45/70 hunter

Twelve Pointer
Neat! I've heard those little guns are shooters. I saw one somewhere a guy had made his own adult size stock.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if we have any single shot fans on here but thought I'd share my project. I assembled this all from pieces I scrounged up.
I started out with a blued Harrington & Richardson SB2 frame that has had a trigger job. Added a 30/30 ejector barrel, and a fairly rare camo laminated, checkered stock set. The recoil pad made the stock too long for me so I fit a plastic H&R butt plate. Topped off with a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 scope mounted low to just clear the hammer. An Uncle Mike's hammer extension makes using the hammer possible. Only shot to 50 yards so far but showing a preference for 170 gr pills. I have it hitting 1" high at 50 yards and it tears a ragged hole with Remington 170 gr Core Lokt's. Next up check it at 100 yards and hopefully take a deer or two this season. View attachment 35251
Nice rifle but the scope is to big for it...take it off and sell it to me for $50

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Got 3 H&R complete guns, with 1 being a slug gun. also got one receiver looking for a 36" barrel. Had a 243 NE but it was my sons and a youth model so when he outgrew it I sold it to a forum member. I also have a Brazilian 30-30 20ga combo single shot. Heavy barrel on that one.

45/70 hunter

Twelve Pointer
Got 3 H&R complete guns, with 1 being a slug gun. also got one receiver looking for a 36" barrel. Had a 243 NE but it was my sons and a youth model so when he outgrew it I sold it to a forum member. I also have a Brazilian 30-30 20ga combo single shot. Heavy barrel on that one.
Good luck finding a 36" barrel, even a 30" is pretty rare to find. I've only ever seen one 36" and that was on a 10 gauge my dad had.

buckman84

Six Pointer
I have a New England 30-30 single that I gave to my son to hunt with. And had a 243 as well but sold that to my brother years ago. Great guns!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck finding a 36" barrel, even a 30" is pretty rare to find. I've only ever seen one 36" and that was on a 10 gauge my dad had.
One was on ebay a month ago or so but I did not like the condition.

I actually have one that is 32 inches long that is factory. I have seen a few 36inch ones back in the day.