Franchi choke

gameland

Twelve Pointer
My son just bought a Franchi affinity and is hoping someone can give some insight to narrow down the choices for a choke and load that this gun patterns with for turkeys. Thanks!

Hughes

Four Pointer
I have a Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge that I've been hunting with for a year now... for turkeys I'm shooting Winchester Longbeard XR's 3" #5s with a Carlson's Longbeard XR .650" choke and have had great results with it! I have confidence in my setup out to 60 yards. You can miss a bird that's under 20 yards because of how tight the pattern is.

bhwaugh1

Six Pointer
Hard to answer question. Every gun is different. Best option would be find some buddies and borrow their chokes and try out different ones to see what your gun likes best…..along with trying different ammo.

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
I picked up an Affinity 3.5 Turkey Elite this year and it came with 2 Rhino extended chokes. They call them long and extra long. I’m running the extra long and I’m pretty sure it’s a .660. Here’s my pattern with Apex #9s at 40.

Attachments

• 45AA9782-592F-4E1B-96E4-63A76D6E0409.jpeg
    45AA9782-592F-4E1B-96E4-63A76D6E0409.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 24

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I picked up an Affinity 3.5 Turkey Elite this year and it came with 2 Rhino extended chokes. They call them long and extra long. I’m running the extra long and I’m pretty sure it’s a .660. Here’s my pattern with Apex #9s at 40.
My favorite set up has a Rhino on it it doesn't get the press as Indian creek, Jebs, and Sumtoy but they are great chokes

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
My favorite set up has a Rhino on it it doesn't get the press as Indian creek, Jebs, and Sumtoy but they are great chokes
I’ve always used Indian Creek but decided to give the Rhinos a try since they came with the gun and I wasn’t disappointed. It did a 435 in 10” and a 319 in 20” at 40 yards with #9s. I’m happy.

Attachments

• E177FA94-A2FB-4E00-B55A-AE62C6195E82.jpeg
    E177FA94-A2FB-4E00-B55A-AE62C6195E82.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 15

cuttem boys

Six Pointer
This is a 20 gauge affinity 3 with an Indian creek 555. I’ve had one of them for just about every turkey gun I’ve ever had

Attachments

• 5E33FF39-8F22-4900-8B4D-5738AF2F9642.jpeg
    5E33FF39-8F22-4900-8B4D-5738AF2F9642.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 23

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Turkeyfoot mentioned the three best, at least Imo. Anyone one of them with Apex or federal TSS 9 s will kill a turkey way past where we should be shooting at them. My 11-87 has Indian creek in it and patterns well. Have a little 20 ga single shot with a Carlson’s it shoots lights out,

Only issue you may have is POI may not be dead on and the patterns will be tight at 25 and in. More shotguns then you’d think don’t shoot exactly where they point.

Hughes

Four Pointer
Turkeyfoot mentioned the three best, at least Imo. Anyone one of them with Apex or federal TSS 9 s will kill a turkey way past where we should be shooting at them. My 11-87 has Indian creek in it and patterns well. Have a little 20 ga single shot with a Carlson’s it shoots lights out,

Only issue you may have is POI may not be dead on and the patterns will be tight at 25 and in. More shotguns then you’d think don’t shoot exactly where they point.
Yessir! Glad I pattern mine every season for this exact reason.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Gameland, with the 12 and todays ammo options the choke will not matter much. If he chooses a tss option any choke .660-.680 will most certainly kill a turkey farther than we should shoot at them.
If he picks a lead option then the choke becomes a little more important.

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
I have a Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge that I've been hunting with for a year now... for turkeys I'm shooting Winchester Longbeard XR's 3" #5s with a Carlson's Longbeard XR .650" choke and have had great results with it! I have confidence in my setup out to 60 yards. You can miss a bird that's under 20 yards because of how tight the pattern is.
This. I have the same set up (older version of franchi though) and its a perfect pattern out of mine as well.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Gameland, with the 12 and todays ammo options the choke will not matter much. If he chooses a tss option any choke .660-.680 will most certainly kill a turkey farther than we should shoot at them.
If he picks a lead option then the choke becomes a little more important.
Not a Franchi BUT after several years of killing lots of birds (but also missing several close range) w an Indian Creek in a Mossberg….. I went back to factory full choke and killed 2 birds with it.

As @QBD2 and others have said, those patterns are pretty on paper BUT not needed

TurkeyHunter88

Button Buck
This is a 20 gauge affinity 3 with an Indian creek 555. I’ve had one of them for just about every turkey gun I’ve ever had
I’m running hand loads
Gotcha. My son is running a Patternmaster Code Black Turkey with Nitro 7.5/9 in his Franchi Affinity 3. I have a IC .555 for my Affinity 3 Elite Turkey but have not found the right combo yet. Thanks for responding.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Gotcha. My son is running a Patternmaster Code Black Turkey with Nitro 7.5/9 in his Franchi Affinity 3. I have a IC .555 for my Affinity 3 Elite Turkey but have not found the right combo yet. Thanks for responding.
Franchi Affinities that I have shot love .562 Sumtoy chokes and also .562/.570 Indian Creek chokes with tss.