Franchi affinity 20g

m704

Six Pointer
Does anyone shoot a Franchi affinity 20 gauge if so what choke and load do you prefer thanks

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
No on the shotgun. But I have patterned longbeard #6s in multiple 12ga guns with different chokes and 20ga guns and haven’t seen a pattern yet that won’t kill a bird at 40yds.
Cheers
At the price point it’s worth a try. If you don’t like them I will purchase at price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crappie man

Six Pointer
Haven’t tried longbeard #6S. We shot my son’s 870 at 40yds into a piece of thin cardboard with longbeard 6S and almost all the shot were lodged in it. After that we never picked them up again.

Last edited:

m704

Six Pointer
Haven’t tried longbeard #6S. We shot my son’s 870 at 40yds into a piece of thin cardboard with longbeard 6S and almost all the shot were lodged in it. After that we never picked them up again.
I heard same thing about lack of penetration from them past 30yds thanks for info

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I heard same thing about lack of penetration from them past 30yds thanks for info
Lead 6 is what it is if your looking at 40 and under your ok but beyond you can get 4 or 5 which then your pellet count goes way down. TSS and hevi shot will give better penetration and pattern when you get it set up right

Crappie man

Six Pointer
No problems with 3”Apex TSS. I’ve only shot about 10 -12 rounds total through my gun.Is set up with scope for turkey hunting only.My guess is it would not cycle cheaper low brass well until broken in with X number of rounds like a lot of autos. I think the owners manual said 3-4 boxes

m704

Six Pointer
No problems with 3”Apex TSS. I’ve only shot about 10 -12 rounds total through my gun.Is set up with scope for turkey hunting only.My guess is it would not cycle cheaper low brass well until broken in with X number of rounds like a lot of autos. I think the owners manual said 3-4 boxes
I haven't tried Apex just Federal and Winchester won't cycle so it's basically a $700 single shot guess I will send it down the road