Found this interesting....... California again

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
This was a post from a shooting forum I frequent in a discussion about the laws regulating purchasing ammo in California. I love their new terminology.

"The Vendors I have spoken with told me to get my ID updated to the REAL ID . Also the law reads "Eligibility check" , Notice not "Background check" ,something about California not being able to use the wording, because they can't use the federal data base as in instant check . Was also told didn't matter if you were to buy a box of 22LR for instance or a pallet of it , 1 fee per transaction . I was told and it has been reported in local sports publications the the first month 73 % of eligibility checks were denied and had to go to the secondary $19 dollar more rigorous check . Our governor proudly stated on the network news that nearly 60 Felons , oh wait , now called , "Justice involved persons" had been prevented from buying ammo . There is hope some or all of the litigation in the courts against this law happen in the firearms owners favor WJR"