found the mallards...

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
sounds like a ggod hunt is in your immediate future. I hope so. If it happens at least feel sorry for those of us hunting in NC. Land of empty blue skies.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Lol 211 ppl read your post and other than @Hydemarsh 209 duck commanders were like “ hot damn finally some internet scouting reports telling me where to hunt” well played woodmoose well played sir🙈. Hope you crush em.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Lol 211 ppl read your post and other than @Hydemarsh 209 duck commanders were like “ hot damn finally some internet scouting reports telling me where to hunt” well played woodmoose well played sir🙈. Hope you crush em.

since the river runs 1,240 miles along the Texas / Mexican border it's more like I said "there's ducks along the east coast",,,,

so I don't sweat any "internet scouting",,,,but nice try

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Hope you didn’t misconstrue my comment... That’s what I was referencing was reading the title “found the mallards”there was a bunch of duck commanders thinking he gonna tell us they are in the third bay on the north side of Harris or something similar. I had seen enough of your posts to know that wasn’t the case before I opened the thread.
I know the rio is long but did not that long... been deer hunting several times about 15 miles from rio on the good side 🇺🇸 . Always wanted to go for crane in w Tex. Good shooting!

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Hope you didn’t misconstrue my comment... That’s what I was referencing was reading the title “found the mallards”there was a bunch of duck commanders thinking he gonna tell us they are in the third bay on the north side of Harris or something similar. I had seen enough of your posts to know that wasn’t the case before I opened the thread.
I know the rio is long but did not that long... been deer hunting several times about 15 miles from rio on the good side 🇺🇸 . Always wanted to go for crane in w Tex. Good shooting!

Did you harvest some of those South Texas Muy Grandes?

I really think Woodmoose has it wired, Hunt where the ducks now go. Dare Currituck Hyde and Pamlico are some of the most expensive places per duck on the planet to hunt.

Cannot determine if the right plan is to go to Canada until November and then Texas in Dec Jan or if there is a better one.

I just cannot find anyone crazy enough with the time to go with me.

I would love to spend middle of Oct through Thanksgiving (maybe later) on Lake St Claire. Middle of Dec through end of January in west Texas.

Reactions: TH7

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
I did kill a couple of really nice deer and it was the first time I had ever gone out of state to hunt. I hunted three different places in and around Ozona, Dryden areas SSW of San Angelo Tx. Pecos river had some nice ducks there but guy I went didn't have a shotgun between us.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Woodmoose, you need to tell a Democratic legislator that you KNOW there are THOUSANDS of illegal immigrants (since they are technically in Mexico, they ARE illegal to you) waiting at the border to come in. They need to be provided with all manner of "freebies" to encourage them to cross the border.