Found alot of deer hair

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looked like coyote puked up alot of deer hair in 2 different places within 85 yards where I shot at a buck on Thanksgiving day morning.
Never found blood just a tuft of hair where the deer was standing.
Seen alot of coyote tracks back in the area where deer ran in 2 days later. Today found alot of hair .
Anybody else seen something like this?

Attachments

• 20191208_160450.jpg
    20191208_160450.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20191208_161146.jpg
    20191208_161146.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 136

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
See it all the time. I always look for the bones in the area, never know when you'll find an antler.

Reactions: jug

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
To be that much hair it seems like maybe chewing on a hide at a gut pile,if they were on a fresh kill I think they would eat around it

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I’d def look around for bones. Maybe a random buzzard or even foxes will be hanging around the carcass until you can’t believe they’d still want to eat it. Maybe go back at dark and hit the area with a flood light. If they are on a carcass you’ll see their eyes and if they are cutting to it from one it’ll give you an idea of where it might be. May be a long shot but that’s definitely a carcass they are tearing at nearby.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To be that much hair it seems like maybe chewing on a hide at a gut pile,if they were on a fresh kill I think they would eat around it
Nothing is close like that but the deer I shot at. Never seen anything like it. Looks like something puked up a lot of deer hair.
There was another dead dead close by the road but that carcass is gone and it is a mile away from this location as the crow flies.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
you woulda found him if you could find his hair puked up a week later imo. dead deer arent invisible.
Where the deer ran you cant see your hand in front of your face .... literally. You would have to step on him. The bromestraw is 7 ft tall with green briar and privet hedge. Nice bedding area. I have not been back in there to look since 2 days after I shot. I got a much bigger buck using the area so I have stayed away.

Last edited:

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing is close like that but the deer I shot at. Never seen anything like it. Looks like something puked up a lot of deer hair.
There was another dead dead close by the road but that carcass is gone and it is a mile away from this location as the crow flies.
could it be pellets from buzzards,if it's rained on them they would come apart.

Seen it a bunch. Most of the time you find yote scat or puke it has hair in it. Look for buzzards circling. Either way there wont be much left.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ought to be able to smell it from downwind. Or you could take a dog, or a drone. Sounds like yours.