Found a bear for a little girl today made her day

RJ1

Ten Pointer
We were skinning out a couple of bear Sat. night at the club house when one of the local landowners stopped by his 12 year old granddaughter had shot a bear and they had lost the blood trail when it crossed a canal,wanted to know if I had a hound that could find it for them,I took a look at the video of the hunt and she made a killing shot it was just one of them that took awhile to work.I told them we would let it lay tonight meat would be alright until the morning and to come by the camp this morning at eat a big breakfast and we will go find him and help get him out I'm sure she didn't sleep much,they were at the camp at 7:15am we ate,I loaded Buck 80lbs of pure Black&Tan bear hound.Got to were they lost the blood Buck had been on the trail since we left the field anyway we went about another 100 yards and he had expired next to a blown down tree.We got him out took him to the club house and she had taken a nice 404lb male.Made her day grandad was so happy he is going to allow us to lease his land.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We were skinning out a couple of bear Sat. night at the club house when one of the local landowners stopped by his 12 year old granddaughter had shot a bear and they had lost the blood trail when it crossed a canal,wanted to know if I had a hound that could find it for them,I took a look at the video of the hunt and she made a killing shot it was just one of them that took awhile to work.I told them we would let it lay tonight meat would be alright until the morning and to come by the camp this morning at eat a big breakfast and we will go find him and help get him out I'm sure she didn't sleep much,they were at the camp at 7:15am we ate,I loaded Buck 80lbs of pure Black&Tan bear hound.Got to were they lost the blood Buck had been on the trail since we left the field anyway we went about another 100 yards and he had expired next to a blown down tree.We got him out took him to the club house and she had taken a nice 404lb male.Made her day grandad was so happy he is going to allow us to lease his land.
Good deal. Amazing how one good deed turns into another.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns

Awesome!

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
And that is how it should be done. Congrats to her and grandpa on the harvest. Congrats to you for being a great ambassador for dog hunting. But on a side note you have me wanting a good breakfast.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
We really made out on the deal,we were splitting up meat and packing up to come home Monday afternoon we planned a big feed for Monday night when Grandad and Grandma and the little one came by the camp, Grandma had made us 4 homemade pies 2 apple and 2 pumpkin we invited them to eat with us we all had a good time and I can tell those pies were outstanding.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
We really made out on the deal,we were splitting up meat and packing up to come home Monday afternoon we planned a big feed for Monday night when Grandad and Grandma and the little one came by the camp, Grandma had made us 4 homemade pies 2 apple and 2 pumpkin we invited them to eat with us we all had a good time and I can tell those pies were outstanding.
Sounds like Christmas came early

RJ1

Ten Pointer
My new little buddy and her grandad hunted with us today,they came just to hear the hounds run and go to the tree.Grandad rode with me and she rode with two of my daughters.On the first strike we treed a nice 423lber that took the hounds on a 3 hour chase he treed about 300 yards off the road next to a V ditch my youngest daughter took him out.The next chase didn't last as long but the bear was really upset he bayed up in a ditch next to a field you could here him popping his teeth, an older gentleman that belongs to the club got to take that one out 456lbs. I talked to her when we were skinning out the bear she said she really enjoyed it,but was a little scared when we went to the second bear which I already knew because she stayed attached to my oldest daughters hip but that was good thing because that exactly what I told her to do when we left the trucks.