Forum software updated - post bug reports here

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There were a few hiccups with the upgrade, but it went smoothly for the most part. I've done a basic scan of things and think all is ok. Those of you who use the Ortem skin, please make sure it is working they way it used to. I had some issues getting it installed.

Also, I updated the ever popular and ever problematic Tapatalk add on. So, if you are having problems with Tapatalk, consider reinstalling the app or updating it if you don't have the latest.

As always post bug reports below and I will look into them.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Update: The Ortem style is completely tits up at the moment. I am trying to fix it. Please select another style until it is fixed.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok. I got the Ortem style back up and running. Had to allocate quite a bit more memory to PHP than was set for the default. Unfortunately all of the customizations that were made to Ortem were lost. Post up if you see anything out of order.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There were a few hiccups with the upgrade, but it went smoothly for the most part. I've done a basic scan of things and think all is ok. Those of you who use the Ortem skin, please make sure it is working they way it used to. I had some issues getting it installed.

Also, I updated the ever popular and ever problematic Tapatalk add on. So, if you are having problems with Tapatalk, consider reinstalling the app or updating it if you don't have the latest.

As always post bug reports below and I will look into them.
Looks like things went very well...good work !!

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No issues here

Just out of curiosity why are some folks using tapa talk with this site? The mobile version of nch&f is extremely user friendly and easy to post pics

I use tapa talk for another forum that is not as good as this one to post pics but other than that I don't see the allure of tapa talk ?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I dont know. I do the same as you. Im guessing its a matter of familiarity...maybe they'll chime in here.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
No issues here

Just out of curiosity why are some folks using tapa talk with this site? The mobile version of nch&f is extremely user friendly and easy to post pics

I use tapa talk for another forum that is not as good as this one to post pics but other than that I don't see the allure of tapa talk ?

Completely agree. Its so easy here that I took the tapatalk app off my phone.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No issues here

Multiple forums in once place is the main reason I use it. I haven’t tried the mobile format in probably 5 years.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
No issues here

I view the forum from my phone. It’s much easier to navigate using Tapatalk than the mobile version. At least for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you haven't tried it recently, give it a shot. The new forum software's mobile support is SO much better than the previous one's.

I’ll do that....Tapatalk has been kinda buggy the last week or so anyway. It’s started to randomly shut down on me while viewing threads

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ok, since it was brought up, just how are you guys posting pics here? I have done it in the past with my PC but can't figure out how from my mobile. When I click on the image icon, it drops a window for me to drop image into, but I'm not sure how to do that from my gallery. Thanks

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Go to bottom and hit attach files and it will let you pick from your photos on file

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ Thanks! I am a bit tech stupid. Thought it should be somehow maneuvered through the photo tab at the top.....duh..

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Only posting to inform, not that it bothers me but, when I initially get on the site(from an Android), and click on a post, the prompt window view in tapa talk or browser pops up. I can choose browser and the tapa confirmation pops up. I click "continue in browser" from that prompt, and am sent back to the posting with the original choice of tapa or browser. If I scroll down, then touch browser, the tapa confirmation prompt doesn't show up.

Again, it doesn't bother me, I've found a way around it. Other than that, it seems to have went off without a hitch.

Thanks for continually trying to improve the site!

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Only posting to inform, not that it bothers me but, when I initially get on the site(from an Android), and click on a post, the prompt window view in tapa talk or browser pops up. I can choose browser and the tapa confirmation pops up. I click "continue in browser" from that prompt, and am sent back to the posting with the original choice of tapa or browser. If I scroll down, then touch browser, the tapa confirmation prompt doesn't show up.

Again, it doesn't bother me, I've found a way around it. Other than that, it seems to have went off without a hitch.

Thanks for continually trying to improve the site!

Either you fixed it, or my inability to properly view a thread has subsided. (y)