Form 1 22lr Suppressor

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Has anyone on here done one of the solvent kit 22lr Suppressors? Looking at the quietbore kit. Not looking to save money but like how quickly the form 1s take.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Has anyone on here done one of the solvent kit 22lr Suppressors? Looking at the quietbore kit. Not looking to save money but like how quickly the form 1s take.
The form one is not going as fast as it was at one time. All the reports are leading to them now taking 3 months or more.

Just me when I looked at Form 1 for cans they were just not worth it. They will be no place close to as good as the big names and they costs on them are somewhat high.
I ended up ordering 2 Silencer Co 22 cans. Very happy with them and the turn around time. They were both 4 months. Fact most have been other than the last. For some reason they waited a month to mail it.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
The form one is not going as fast as it was at one time. All the reports are leading to them now taking 3 months or more.

Just me when I looked at Form 1 for cans they were just not worth it. They will be no place close to as good as the big names and they costs on them are somewhat high.
I ended up ordering 2 Silencer Co 22 cans. Very happy with them and the turn around time. They were both 4 months. Fact most have been other than the last. For some reason they waited a month to mail it.

I figured you'd be one to comment on here as we're typically going back and forth on suppressor threads. I just got my rugged obsidian approved in 6 months so of course need to order something new. Which 22 suppressor did you get? I'm looking at the SilencerCo Sparrow. I just thought about the kit route as the nfa tracker shows they've been approving the form 1 trust efiles in about 1 month. I'm with you that I'd rather have a reputable brand for $100 more, just would be fun to play with this year ... Lol

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Form 1 solvent traps aren’t worth it, wait a few months more and get a factory can. Too many variables, drilling out baffles attempting to keep concentricity.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have the Sparrow and the Switchback.
Both great cans. If I recall SS had them for 279 or 299. Not sure if they still are.
Very happy with them and like the switchback because it is about universal for any need on rim fire and 5.7.
This is the short configure for a Beretta. 20210220_153106.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If I recall the quietbore is about 450$ and the jig being 80$
At one time the kits were cool and only 200 to 250$ not so much anymore.
I have not shot one, so can not comment on the sound quality but weight is more.
If you could do it on the cheap as in having your own tools then it would be fun and worth it. Just not wanting to do it because cost and quality from what I have seen.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
If I recall the quietbore is about 450$ and the jig being 80$
At one time the kits were cool and only 200 to 250$ not so much anymore.
I have not shot one, so can not comment on the sound quality but weight is more.
If you could do it on the cheap as in having your own tools then it would be fun and worth it. Just not wanting to do it because cost and quality from what I have seen.

The quietbore 22 all aluminum is $180 and titanium baffle model is $299. I'd have to get the jig for $75 since I don't have a press or access to a lathe. They also have a 25% off coupon code so all in I'd be able to get the aluminum one with jig for about $190. The SilencerCo Sparrow is $299. Ill probably just go the Sparrow route and wait it out. I can just use the CCI Quiet rounds for now until it comes in.