Ford remote start won’t work when cold

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
2015 f250 6.7 power stroke won’t remote start when cold over the last few days. Attempts to start for about 1-2 seconds then has a about a 5 second pause then the horn beeps once. It starts fine with the key. After the initial start of the day it will remote start without problem. Dealer said it has to malfunction for them but when I have to drive 30 miles to them it obviously won’t malfunction at that point as it’s warm.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check your battery may be slightly too weak when really cold to make the remote start work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

richard corn

Ten Pointer
or if you need it during the day drop it off at dealership at end of day. That way they can check it out at first start up in morning

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
In my GM the doors have to be locked to remote start, but I don't lock the doors when it's in the GARAGE!! Now if I could just remember that...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mine has done that once, but it was a random occurrence. Being temp. related, the battery would be the first thing to check. My understanding is It will do that any time there is a fault - low voltage, door open, alarm triggered, check engine light one, etc. I'm sure the remote start is more sensitive to voltage than you turning the key.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
Before you replace the battery check to ensure your cables are really tight. I've had so many funky electronic issues solved just by tightening a nut on a battery cable.

ncnat

Ten Pointer
I've heard that diesels with remote starts take longer to crank because of the glow plugs heating up.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
I do not think it’s a glow plug issue, as it starts fine with the key. Problem is just remotely and only when cold.