For those of you in Polk, Rutherford, and Cleveland Counties

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How has the Muzzleloader season change changed your approach to Muzzleloader season this year?

As for myself, I’m having to forgo a few normal hot spots that generally aren’t heavy travel ways after about the end of October.

I’ll be more or less just hunting my normal rifle spots a few weeks early. No real inconvenience, but I will surely miss the black powder smoke in the early autumn woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I know you are referring to private land hunting, but I wish the game lands (Green River, South Mountains) in their entirety also had the same dates.

By moving the dates, they split some of the game lands. Possible confusion for hunters on the ground (who do not have a GPS)

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know you are referring to private land hunting, but I wish the game lands (Green River, South Mountains) in their entirety also had the same dates.

By moving the dates, they split some of the game lands. Possible confusion for hunters on the ground (who do not have a GPS)
You have harped about that since the get go, get over it. It is done. It is the responsibility of the hunter to be aware just like any other rule/reg.

tgr95

Spike
How has the Muzzleloader season change changed your approach to Muzzleloader season this year?

As for myself, I’m having to forgo a few normal hot spots that generally aren’t heavy travel ways after about the end of October.

I’ll be more or less just hunting my normal rifle spots a few weeks early. No real inconvenience, but I will surely miss the black powder smoke in the early autumn woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d much rather be in the woods early October with my Knight disc when more leaves are on the tree. My spot is hardwoods so it’ll be wide open come November. But I’m happy they left it at a 2 week season. Got me a new crossbow to fill in the gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk