For the ones baiting

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
What would that be.....I'll try anything!πŸ˜€
Like the famous flounder guide Jimmy Price told me one time when I asked him questions about where, when and how to catch big flounder. And I quote, "that'll cost you $600.00 and a day trip on my boat."

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Rake 'em up. Save 'em for later !!!πŸ˜†

I know, I know..... them worms get in 'em.
Serious question if anyone knows...
When I gather acorns I put them in the perforated steamer pot. If I were to put that in the outer pot and heat them up, would I dehydrate them enough to keep from souring and keep the worms at bay?

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Serious question if anyone knows...
When I gather acorns I put them in the perforated steamer pot. If I were to put that in the outer pot and heat them up, would I dehydrate them enough to keep from souring and keep the worms at bay?
Soak them in saltwater then dry them on a black tarp in the sun.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Soak them in saltwater then dry them on a black tarp in the sun.
How long a soak? How salty the water? I'm serious I have about a dozen oaks in my 1/2 acre yard. For as long as it takes me to get to the store or farmer I can have as many akerns as I want or close to it.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Like the famous flounder guide Jimmy Price told me one time when I asked him questions about where, when and how to catch big flounder. And I quote, "that'll cost you $600.00 and a day trip on my boat."
I see.....I was just going to see if what you were using was as good as what I use. I have something that's guaranteed to bring in nothing but 140" bucks but I can't tell anyone what it is without paying me πŸ˜€

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
How long a soak? How salty the water? I'm serious I have about a dozen oaks in my 1/2 acre yard. For as long as it takes me to get to the store or farmer I can have as many akerns as I want or close to it.
I soaked a wheelbarrow full with a lb of table salt for one day and let them dry in the hot sun for about a week or so. I stored them in a couple of onion bags . It was a waste of time .I put them out on a Wednesday before muzzleloading season to the north and west of a box stand . I did not get to hunt that stand until the next Monday ,the wind was wrong all weekend. I walked down to take a look at them after hunting that Monday morning and they were all gone at that point. All that was on the ground where hulls .

Last edited:

TrkyJedi

Eight Pointer
I see.....I was just going to see if what you were using was as good as what I use. I have something that's guaranteed to bring in nothing but 140" bucks but I can't tell anyone what it is without paying me πŸ˜€
Really. I might be interested in that. How much? But, I'm interested in 145 and above. I'd like to see some pics of those 140's before I pay. Just saying, I haven't seen you post any in trail cam or kill section.πŸ˜‰

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Really. I might be interested in that. How much? But, I'm interested in 145 and above. I'd like to see some pics of those 140's before I pay. Just saying, I haven't seen you post any in trail cam or kill section.πŸ˜‰
Yeah anything under 140" is considered a cull.
I don't post my kills for fear of someone leasing my land out from under me πŸ˜„

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Scentlok or HECS? Or is it Roasted Corn Freaks and the Deer View Mirror on a crosswind?