For the OF's: Lost In The Fifties - Another Time, Another Place

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Many of the younger generation think life was so simple back then........faced with what we see nowadays, perhaps it was.

I remember worrying about 4 things...... nuclear war with the USSR, integration, would our monthly copy of Outdoor Life be late, and whether Amy Lou was going to the dance with me or Freddie.

Well, nowadays almost every country has nuclear weapons, integration isn't so bad, Amy Lou got pregnant by Freddie and the last I heard they were homeless, at least Outdoor Life is still around altho it's thinner and is down to 10 issues per year.:mad:

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I grew up right behind that era but I remember the pot holder making things and many of the others. The 70's Ford Ice cream truck was a little out of place for the 50's but it let me feel included! I need to go watch it again.

I remember S&H Green Stamps too.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I remember most of those days, although I was but a wee tot. Things sure have "changed"....very sad for the most part.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Some of ya'll brought this era in, but evidently I was coming up as it was going out. I remember a lot of those things as a kid as well. I may have came up later but I can say the world has changed a lot in the time I have been here and I'm not sure for the good either.

Last edited:

tomahawk

Six Pointer
Back in the 50's people believed in the American dream. The people believe in the goverment and supported them. Today America is nothing more then a shadow of it's former self.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Back in the 50's people believed in the American dream. The people believe in the goverment and supported them. Today America is nothing more then a shadow of it's former self.

Thats because the people who live in America now are shadows of their former selves.