For the health care professionals.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So, an extended family member is on day 6 of a covid infection. He also has pneumonia and a kidney infection. Yesterday he was given the Regeneron antibody treatment, but it was delivered subcutaneously into his stomach instead if via IV.

What reasons can you think of that would have led them to go the SC route rather than IV?

This morning he spiked a fever and O2 dropped. Dont know how low. But they admitted him to the COVID ward. They were able to get the O2 back up and the fever down and are in wait and see mode now. He's 50, overweight and doesn't have great lungs due to long term highway work when he was younger.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
My mom got it, felt bad for a couple days then was fine. My dad was alright for a few days of it then ended up in the hospital in VA for almost two weeks. I got it, first two days weren’t bad, then it kicked my ass for 10 days. My brother had a fever and cough for three days then lost taste and smell but felt fine.

Thanks mom!

I’ve got family members in two other states that have it now…….. they caught there, not from any of us.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My mom got it, felt bad for a couple days then was fine. My dad was alright for a few days of it then ended up in the hospital in VA for almost two weeks. I got it, first two days weren’t bad, then it kicked my ass for 10 days. My brother had a fever and cough for three days then lost taste and smell but felt fine.

Thanks mom!

I’ve got family members in two other states that have it now…….. they caught there, not from any of us.
It's like opening a box of chocolates. Hard to tell how it's gonna effect each individual. Hope everyone comes through with mild cases.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
So, an extended family member is on day 6 of a covid infection. He also has pneumonia and a kidney infection. Yesterday he was given the Regeneron antibody treatment, but it was delivered subcutaneously into his stomach instead if via IV.

What reasons can you think of that would have led them to go the SC route rather than IV?

This morning he spiked a fever and O2 dropped. Dont know how low. But they admitted him to the COVID ward. They were able to get the O2 back up and the fever down and are in wait and see mode now. He's 50, overweight and doesn't have great lungs due to long term highway work when he was younger.

Do you know where he had the regeneron treatment? I do know the the fda approved regeneron to be given subQ recently in addition to approving it for IV use in covid. I have not seen it given subQ but have heard of it being given to outpatients. The reasons that come to mind are 1. Ease of treatment in not having to stick the patient for an IV and have them sit there while the infusion goes in or 2. Perhaps they had difficulty finding an IV site.

Last edited: