For the Fairy’s…

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Man, I don't know that I agree with this portion. I reckon a lot of unnecessary suffering has been caused by poorly built sideways flying arrows just because Rage's marketing department gave the shooter false confidence in them.
I guess I was thinking about the guys that spend time shooting and learning to get everything in tune and are accurate with their shots. @QDB2 Is confident in his setup. I am not I wouldn't feel confident shooting a deer. So I shoot what I feel.confident with and then i blame myself if something doesn't work out instead of blaming the arrow and head

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Man, I don't know that I agree with this portion. I reckon a lot of unnecessary suffering has been caused by poorly built sideways flying arrows just because Rage's marketing department gave the shooter false confidence in them.
Its not Rage's fault the hunter was stupid and didn't do his ethical duties and know his and his equipment's limitations.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I mean it’s not like the outdoor channel isn’t full of big bucks running off with the back 20” of a 26” ‘Rage in the Cage baby!!’ arrow hanging out😂😂😂
I only shoot rages from my CROSSBOW. I figure even a flapper will get a pass thru if you throw it fast enough.... ;)

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Can some one explain how a 450gn arrow out of a slow 60# bow can blow an over the top 2” 2 blade through two shoulders? I asked the fairy and he said it’s not possible. 😅

Attachments

• 67AE8040-C5DB-44F9-AD3C-D9685F491441.jpeg
    67AE8040-C5DB-44F9-AD3C-D9685F491441.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

np307

Ten Pointer
Can some one explain how a 450gn arrow out of a slow 60# bow can blow an over the top 2” 2 blade through two shoulder? I asked the fairy and he said it’s not possible. 😅
An inch or 2 forward and you might be singing a different tune. Looks like you cleanly missed the humerus.

np307

Ten Pointer
Looks like plan A worked just fine. It usually does when you're a competent shot.
Was plan A to cheat it that close to humerus and shoulder blade? I mean I'm all for understanding anatomy and most people are afraid of that pocket for no reason, but I'd be highly surprised if he was aiming that far forward.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
One thing the fairy-dust crowd talks about that I don't think gets enough attention is sharpness of the broadheads. I remember the guy that introduced me to bowhunting using sharpening stones then a strop on his broadheads. I see a lot of folks use new broadheads out-of-the-box, that never consider the sharpness. I helped a friend track a deer he lost. Back at his garage I took an arrow that he didn't shoot with the same broadhead (mechanical, fwiw) and I could pinch the blade edge and not cut myself. no wonder there was poor performance.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
One thing the fairy-dust crowd talks about that I don't think gets enough attention is sharpness of the broadheads. I remember the guy that introduced me to bowhunting using sharpening stones then a strop on his broadheads. I see a lot of folks use new broadheads out-of-the-box, that never consider the sharpness. I helped a friend track a deer he lost. Back at his garage I took an arrow that he didn't shoot with the same broadhead (mechanical, fwiw) and I could pinch the blade edge and not cut myself. no wonder there was poor performance.
Hair popping sharp ftw!