For the 1911 lovers

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hand-engraving is fast becoming a lost art and the cost associated with that reality is reflecting it in prices. The best deals out there on engraved firearms is in the secondary market as you can generally buy a gun already worked over cheaper than you can commission the work yourself. The wait time for many of the good engravers is measured in years ..... not months. But like most things, quality work appreciates in value over time but poorly executed work will not increase the value of a firearm.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a new Rolex Submariner for less than $1,000 and a factory, fully engraved S&W Model 60 for less than that ...... and I didn't have enough sense to buy either one.

I don't know anything about his work but this is the only Guild member listed in NC:

William Moody
829 Jay Street
Eden, NC 27288
336-623-8684

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Its not a 1911 but heres my S&W model 1950 target, it was a retirement present to a general in 1950 (4 digit serial)
yqu6y5yh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Nice looking pistol but a little to much for me. I'd be to scared to shoot it, handle it, might drop it in the mud, the blood or beer.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's purty but there's an awful lot of crevices to collect dirt! I'll just leave mine plain and enjoy totin 'em!

Giving me one of them would be like putting a tux on a boar hog!!