food dehydrator

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Got a gift certificate for Christmas from work, so bought myself some vacuum sealer bags and a food dehydrator. So will be looking for ideas and suggestions on dehydrating everything and anything.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Use the vacuum sealer to marinade the meat slices for 24 hours before dehydrating.

Ground meat you can mix seasoning and put on immediately but chilled is best.

What kind of dehydrator did you get?

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Got a Hamilton Beach, nothing real fancy
And yes have done seasoning of steaks/roasts with the vacuum sealer prior to the bbq, certainly the way to go

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Jerky from deer burger. Nesco dot com for your spice selection. If you don't have one, get a jerkyworks gun. Makes good stuff !
You will have to play with the dehydrating time to get your ideal flavor for the jerky. If you over cook the jerky a bit, just put in zip lock bag and place a couple pieces of white bread inside with it. The meat will pull moisture out of the bread and soften up some. You can do this a few times if you need to.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
Got a gift certificate for Christmas from work, so bought myself some vacuum sealer bags and a food dehydrator. So will be looking for ideas and suggestions on dehydrating everything and anything.
I use mine all the time. I cut little cherry tomatoes in half and season with salt pepper run until raisin like. Awesome snack. I'm working on a batch of turkey jerky now.

If you want need more fiber in your diet youve got the best tool for loosening your stool.