Fontana

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Heading up there this week for a few days. Just curious if anyone knows the water temp? Any report to pass along would be great as week. Thanks

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I was planning to run down to Dream Catchers to check out their new layout this afternoon or tomorrow, I’ll ask them what temps are.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I wasn’t on Fontana last weekend but another local lake to there it was 70 at the surface. I suspect with how the weathers been surface is mid to high 60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Water is mid 60s, and water level is low again, I guess every year they lower water levels, good luck

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Water is mid 60s, and water level is low again, I guess every year they lower water levels, good luck

They use to draw it down a whole lot more than they do now. A buddies house boat use to be on the ground every winter and it’s been floating for at least the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I just bought a house up there last year,,when we drove by it the lake was full and we had plans to go out swimming and kayaking after we closed..1 month later when we went the water was dropped 20ft. We thought something was wrong but the locals told us its annual.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I just bought a house up there last year,,when we drove by it the lake was full and we had plans to go out swimming and kayaking after we closed..1 month later when we went the water was dropped 20ft. We thought something was wrong but the locals told us its annual.

Yes it is annual, it is a flood control lake. I wish they did that with all of our lakes in the Piedmont like they do up there. It sure is great for the fishing

kibo

Button Buck
They still drop the water level every five years.Its
all depends on what level of the dam needs worked on

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Let me know how the fishing goes,,I'll look forward to trying it out,,also lake santeetlah is a beautiful lake and looks like it hold great fishing spots

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
When TVA drops the water level .Always remember that means, that's more fish per gallon. fishing is good rite now . Look in any head water for shad and breaking fish. GOOD LUCK KIBO

Thank you for the info. That is exactly what I plan to do

kibo

Button Buck
Santetlha sucks, home lake but no size .Lots of good cover plenty of fish but 6 lbs gets you paid every sat, night. Fish will hit anything green daytime and black at night. Brookfield keeps the water level high year round. Its like taking a bath in the same water over and over.