Flounder Report

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Went out tonight for a couple of reasons. First, try and find some soft shells with the full moon out and second, to see all those flounder that should be stacked up.

Found about 10-15 soft shells, only 2 legal. Got one but she was already too hard. Did get to watch a smaller one molt....very cool.

Now, for the flounder. They were spooky because of the moon. Saw 3 legal, a few shorts and quite a few babies. That's about the normal amount for the 4 miles I walk, no change from last year that I see despite the closure. I realize that this isn't a research study, just my observation from tonight.

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
Thanks for the report!! I was wondering how much it had changed. I wanted to go looking but don't think my little heart could stand seeing a bunch of doormats and just cruising on so I won't tempt myself.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Went out tonight for a couple of reasons. First, try and find some soft shells with the full moon out and second, to see all those flounder that should be stacked up.

Found about 10-15 soft shells, only 2 legal. Got one but she was already too hard. Did get to watch a smaller one molt....very cool.

Now, for the flounder. They were spooky because of the moon. Saw 3 legal, a few shorts and quite a few babies. That's about the normal amount for the 4 miles I walk, no change from last year that I see despite the closure. I realize that this isn't a research study, just my observation from tonight.
Where were you if you don't mind me asking? I doubt there is any real increase in numbers but there should be plenty of fish laying up with no one harvesting them . I haven't been to look but I don't think you can see the bottom where I usually fish due to water clarity

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Nice!..... I would whittle a gig from bamboo off someone’s umbrella tent and would have been after that one in a hurry.
Believe me I made an effort. haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Where were you if you don't mind me asking? I doubt there is any real increase in numbers but there should be plenty of fish laying up with no one harvesting them . I haven't been to look but I don't think you can see the bottom where I usually fish due to water clarity

Oak Island, 2ft is about the max you can see right now.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Yeah a friend was catching them last week and said he couldn't see how to net them with out pulling them out the water. He was probably east of where you are

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
e65eb0b6594b95cae0c89af86d0a392b.jpg