Flounder gigging

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Looking to get a better wade gigging setup this year. Any recommendations on wade gigging lights?

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Lots....I've done it all over the years. These days I run a warm 50w LED from Jerry with a backpack and gel battery. I think I run a 25aH now, but I'm not 100% sure.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have a handheld light.. made by a fella down in eastern N.C. somewhere. I want to say it was a called a giggabite Light? Nice Led set up that runs off rechargeable battery packs. Get around 6hrs off one charge. I carry a replacement pack in a zip lock bag in my small pack. My gig is a smooth stainless sharpened shaft with a stringer setup on the handle end. Gig a flounder slide him up and over.... keep gigging.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I have a handheld light.. made by a fella down in eastern N.C. somewhere. I want to say it was a called a giggabite Light? Nice Led set up that runs off rechargeable battery packs. Get around 6hrs off one charge. I carry a replacement pack in a zip lock bag in my small pack. My gig is a smooth stainless sharpened shaft with a stringer setup on the handle end. Gig a flounder slide him up and over.... keep gigging.

We have alot of mud where I am and I prefer the $5 eagle claw 5 prong gigs. They work like a walking stick and will also help you get out of a hole if you fall in.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns

The stainless rod with a hole drilled in the end is what we used in Core Sound when we used to go to Cape Lookout. Nylon "string" threaded through hole, tied with the other end tied to a belt loop. You speared the flounder, put a hand under the fish, and slid the fish up the rod onto the string. Car battery sat in a wooden drink crate which sat on an inner tube. One time the wires connecting the light to the battery came loose. I can still see the "fire" in the guys fingers as he twisted the wires back together. I don't like to get bit by a sparkplug. lol. Had a small red light that was attached to the antenna of the car to help us find our way back. Fun times!!! Place was paradise to me.