Flooding

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Sure hope all you folks in Wake and surrounding area are safe. Been trying to watch the race on WRAL since noon and they have had a banner running the whole time about flash flood warnings. The way it sounds from them, that whole part of the state is subject to wash away.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure hope all you folks in Wake and surrounding area are safe. Been trying to watch the race on WRAL since noon and they have had a banner running the whole time about flash flood warnings. The way it sounds from them, that whole part of the state is subject to wash away.
Absolute monsoons much of the night here in NW Wake...lots of water running down the sloping yard, but luckily we don't get actual flooding here for the same reason

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Guess they had some water rescues early this morning.
Sure hope all you folks in Wake and surrounding area are safe. Been trying to watch the race on WRAL since noon and they have had a banner running the whole time about flash flood warnings. The way it sounds from them, that whole part of the state is subject to wash away

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Drove from Wilmington to Northern Wake this afternoon. Nuese River was very high and muddy. Haven't seen any news since yesterday, didn't know there was any flooding.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We had a frog strangler come through earlier here at lake Gaston. We were on the pontoon picking up jugs (noodles). They started in Virginia, but were picked up in NC after the storm lol. Got soaked.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
3.5 inches in Raleigh since yesterday. Crabtree Creek is high, but not out of the banks from my travels today. Phone woke me up multiple times for "flash flooding" warnings overnight :mad:. I, like 98% of their viewers, was SLEEPING!!! Tornado Warning? SURE. Flooding warning? Cmon man! It was 3.5 inches over about 20 hours.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
3.5 inches in Raleigh since yesterday. Crabtree Creek is high, but not out of the banks from my travels today. Phone woke me up multiple times for "flash flooding" warnings overnight :mad:. I, like 98% of their viewers, was SLEEPING!!! Tornado Warning? SURE. Flooding warning? Cmon man! It was 3.5 inches over about 20 hours.

yeah. I turned that off this morning. I'm pretty sure I don't need 0300 alerts for flash flooding.