Float Tube River Fishing

pir8rn

Six Pointer
I see all you guys post all these videos with so much action on the Whopper Plopper, and I can't even get a single bite.
Clearly I'm using it wrong because I'm catching fish with other set-ups... Amy tips?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I see all you guys post all these videos with so much action on the Whopper Plopper, and I can't even get a single bite.
Clearly I'm using it wrong because I'm catching fish with other set-ups... Amy tips?
you must be pulling it in places they arent able to see it or in places where they are in cover and wont chase.
I must warn you that because it is such a visible presentation it seems like you do a lot of work with no success.
It's not a numbers bait, seldom the best bait to just catch bass with but can be effective. and bigger fish eat it.
what kind of waters are you fishing? lake river pond?
the plopper excels where you can hit many potential targets and make alot of casts. just throwing it repeatedly at the same spot isnt it's best use. ime.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
In a lake or pond right now you will have to use it under the right conditions. Early , late, at night etc. But, the great thing about river fishing is they will hit top waters all day long . Even when it is 100 degrees. I liken the ploppe r to s buzzbait . You need a wacky rigged senko or a fluke READY to throw at a missed strike. I only had 1 rod being I was in a tube so if I would of had a follow up bait I could of had several more fish. 10 fish on a river is fun but in the summer we can usually pull out 20 -30 On a hot day fishing top waters.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
on the throw back bait. imo the ned rig with a half senko style bait is the best ever created. It is damn near 100% on a fish that shows it self from either movement, feeding or a missed strike.

on missed non contact blow ups on the WP just stop it dead. then twitch it. You can thank me later. :)

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Cool video - was that a 90 or 110 you were throwing?

I'm going to try out the little 75 on spotted bass this weekend, and will toss a 130 at river muskies this Fall. This bait catches most any freshwater fish that swims...

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Cool video - was that a 90 or 110 you were throwing?

I'm going to try out the little 75 on spotted bass this weekend, and will toss a 130 at river muskies this Fall. This bait catches most any freshwater fish that swims...

It is a 110. Most of my friends despise the 90 so that is why I went with the 110.