Flea and tick Wormer

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I use Wormout for worms, permethrin dust for fleas and ticks . My dogs are outside dogs and don't come inside so your mileage may vary.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Permethrin is ok for ticks not so much for fleas. Most of your guys that have been in the dog business for years have stuff that works great for ticks, fleas and heartworm preventive but about all of it is off label so you aren't going to get many to come on a public forum and start handing out advise.

If I only had a dog or two I would go with about any of the name brand stuff, they all work well if you know your dogs weight and administer according to directions. If you are having flea problems still then most likely you have them around your kennels or around your house and will have to address that.

I can tell you right now with fleas an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The best defense is a good offense. I haven't ever had a bad flea problem here and I used to have dogs brought in here all the time either to my stud dogs or to train. But if you get behind and once HAVE a flea problem you sho-nuff have problems.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
As mentioned, Bravecto! No fleas, only seen one tick (crawling/dying) on my lab in almost 7 years. It flat out works.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Permethrin is ok for ticks not so much for fleas. Most of your guys that have been in the dog business for years have stuff that works great for ticks, fleas and heartworm preventive but about all of it is off label so you aren't going to get many to come on a public forum and start handing out advise.

If I only had a dog or two I would go with about any of the name brand stuff, they all work well if you know your dogs weight and administer according to directions. If you are having flea problems still then most likely you have them around your kennels or around your house and will have to address that.

I can tell you right now with fleas an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The best defense is a good offense. I haven't ever had a bad flea problem here and I used to have dogs brought in here all the time either to my stud dogs or to train. But if you get behind and once HAVE a flea problem you sho-nuff have problems.

Exactly. I agree with this 100%

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Nexgard chewable - never had ticks or fleas
The vet now has a single shot for all year heartworm prevention now as well. Convenient!