Flat tail feaver

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Caught another beaver last night, took a break from the coyotes, and foxes until the cold breaks, so i thought i'd work on a few beaver.
a4185eec9ee0f5887eb1b51e339b0e9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
WTG! I see you use a sled like me, too.
I wear a deer drag harness and hook the sled rope to the d-ring at the lower back to pull with my legs and keeps my hands free.
trappin sled wit beev.jpg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Way to go. Beaver trapping is a blast!Funny story. I was using a sled during trap checks and got tired of bringing it home empty. The first time I left it at the house, I had critters to bring back, plus a trap I had pulled, a 22 and a catch pole. All I kept thinking was man if only I had a sled right now ???

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I've never seen a 660 before - that is one BIG trap!
here's the set, and the catch..this situation was shallow water for a good ways above the dam so I added natural looking blocking leaving the 2 ft gap the only way to repair the hole I put in the dam. Typically there is deep water for footholds and drowning sets at a dam.
660 dam break set.jpgbeaver in 660.jpg

Reactions: PG2

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
not sure if I shoulda started another thread called "660 Setting"

didn't mean to hijack yer thread Muddy!

Jammer

Six Pointer
Mine is used to skid deer and hogs out as well, and when it snows the kids use it for sledding as well. Best $30 i ever spent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Prune and I used to use a sled until I dropped a beaver in the sled 2 years ago when we had a below freezing spell. The dang plastic was brittle because of the cold and it shattered. Of course we were a quarter mile (and down hill) from the truck. I ended up using the tow rope to make shoulder straps and tied them to the beaver's legs to make a backpack. Prune laughed at me the whole way back to the truck.